Plus-Sized

Shapewear suggestions needed!

Hi everyone! I recently bought my dress, a stunning Melissa Sweet lace and organza trumpet gown. Since I wasn't exactly planning on buying a trumpet/mermaid style (since those styles tend to show everything on bigger bodies but I just fell in love with this dress I couldn't say anything but yes!) I now need to find some shapewear. I'm a size 14 (love my curves!) and I want to look nice and smooth and tucked in all over without the hassle of the shapewear rolling. Any suggestions ladies???

Re: Shapewear suggestions needed!

• Hiya....try spanks....I just bought a shaper to wear with my engagement party dress.....

There is another one out there I wish I could remember it....when I do I will send you a message

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey! I've worn spanx before and I had issues with it rolling. It's been a few years though so I may have to try them out again if I can't find anything else. Thanks!
  • Hey! I've worn spanx before and I had issues with it rolling. It's been a few years though so I may have to try them out again if I can't find anything else. Thanks!

They still roll at least on me they do. I read something on Rago 6709
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I finally remembered the name of the other product is Squeem...they sell it on amazon. They have it at my bridal salon too. I was going to order some to try it

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So with shapewear they have different 'support' types.  I've noticed the 'Heavier' support the more the tendency to roll on them.  See if you can get a lighter/mid-level support instead of 'super sucked in'.

Also after the dress is fitted properly, it might not have room to roll down.  You'll have several fittings when your dress comes in, I know I was able to try a few different bras at my fitting, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to try a few different shapewear garments.

Anniversary
    It could be that the shapewear was rolling because it was slightly too small. The last time I bought Spanx was for my wedding and I was running in to that problem with certain styles. The consultant advised me to try sizing up with those styles to see if the problem went away and it did.

Are you wearing a bra with your dress at all? Some shapewear comes with loops at the top that will hook to your bra as an extra barrier against any rolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards