October 2015 Weddings

Vent about my MOH and Garter Belts

So since my FH is Dutch, I thought it would be cute to get a Dutch garter belt. So last night I told my MOH/BFF my idea and she was like "NO! The garter is about you and I'm sick of this wedding being all about him!" I was so taken back by her comment. The wedding is a mix of me and him. Every decision that has been made has been made by me and FH. I have no problem telling him no or speaking my mind and saying if I don't like something. And vise versa. FH is from NJ and I'm from NY and the wedding is in NJ, but I'm moving to NJ. But that decision to move was mine, I want to live in NJ. My feelings were very hurt by her comment. Yes I'm wearing the garter but it can be whatever I want. Even though this was last night I'm still hurt from it. I am an overly sensitive person in general. I know I will get over it, but it hurts. I just needed to vent. Thanks for reading. I had no where else to vent.

Re: Vent about my MOH and Garter Belts

• That stinks, @gregandheather2013. Sorry to hear that your MOH made such a hurtful comment. It sounds to me like there may be some feelings behind her comment... have you tried pulling her aside and asking what's up? The comment may not be about the garter at all, but about a deeper root that's bothering her. Weddings can be a hard time for friends/family... it's an amazing time in your life, but it may stir up some emotions for those around you.
  • I didn't ask her why. But than she said it felt like my other friends wedding( my friend canceled her wedding). My other friend was in an abusive relationship and she did things bc he told her what to do. I guess she may think I'm doing it bc of him, but I told her he had no idea about my garter idea. I know she is looking out for me, but in the moment it hurt.
  • I'm sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately, weddings bring out the crazy in people... even the ones we love the most. Perhaps she's feeling jealous or left behind now that you're getting married. It doesn't excuse her comment, though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks. Maybe who knows what she is thinking. I hope that's all the crazy that comes out if her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards