Wedding Party
Options

Best Bridal Party Gift Ever Received?

Hi!  What is the best bridal party gift you've ever received?  I am in the brainstorming process, would love some opinions!  Cheers!

Re: Best Bridal Party Gift Ever Received?

• Options
    Shop for your girls (or guys) like it is their birthday.  There's not a "one size fits all most epic gift ever!!!!" that will work for everyone.  A personal and thoughtful gift is much better than a personalized tote or a robe with #Bridesmaid on it.

Also, anything that is specifically for the wedding (i.e. jewelry, a robe, etc.) is not an appropriate gift. 

• Options
    I say know your party.. do they expect something big? Personal to them? Do they care? I was recently MOH in a wedding and it didn't even cross my mind, it was HER day.. she got us a very sweet delicate eternity necklace and told us we could wear it if we wanted, yes they all matched, yes it was jewelry, and yes I was over the moon that she thought about us and took the time to pick it out (I even took off a necklace I NEVER take off to wear it on HER day). I don't think it's fair to say that any gift is not an appropriate gift, everyone is different! I also had a friend that did matching clutches filled with goodies for the day and shoes, everyone loved it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I say know your party.. do they expect something big? Personal to them? Do they care? I was recently MOH in a wedding and it didn't even cross my mind, it was HER day.. she got us a very sweet delicate eternity necklace and told us we could wear it if we wanted, yes they all matched, yes it was jewelry, and yes I was over the moon that she thought about us and took the time to pick it out (I even took off a necklace I NEVER take off to wear it on HER day). I don't think it's fair to say that any gift is not an appropriate gift, everyone is different! I also had a friend that did matching clutches filled with goodies for the day and shoes, everyone loved it!

Except that the gift should never be anything required to wear for the wedding, because you are telling your bridesmaids that they are props for pictures instead of individuals of honor. Therefore, a bridesmaid gift should not be a generic group gift for the wedding, but a personalized and well thought gift.

For the last wedding I was in my "gift" was a pair of shoes I would never wear again that were half a size too small and that I was required to wear in the wedding. Of course I didn't say anything about hating them. I put them on with duct tape over the toes to stave off as many blisters as possible and smiled. Because that's what you do.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I want to echo PPs and say shop for your BM gifts like you would shop for their birthdays.  Every gift can be different, it doesn't have to all be the same. Personal gifts are best.

My last wedding "gift" were a pair of earrings that the bride wanted us to wear on the day of... but she forgot I don't have pierced ears so... yeah. I gave those earrings away.  I also got a hanger decorated in colorful wrap because she thought we could use those for our bridesmaid dresses. I can't tell you where in the hell that hanger is.
  • Options
    I just ordered personalized foil-stamped stationery from Minted for each of my bridesmaids. I wanted to do something special/personal, without it being a monogram necklace they'll never wear or a monogram tote they'll never use. Plus, it's something nice that they wouldn't necessarily order themselves just because it's quite a bit pricier than typical stationery. And it was in the budget of what I wanted to spend for each girl (plus I found a coupon code - yesss!)  I'll probably throw in an Essie nail polish or two, as well.  Definitely try to get them something they'll actually use and not something they'll toss aside and never use/wear again!
    --

• Options
    I got beautiful earrings as my gift. They were meant to be worn with our dresses and everyone got them. People say not to do that anymore because you want to shop for them but I LOVE them and wear them all the time. It really depends on the people in your group. I know my Bridesmaid would love all the cute, fun traditional stuff (champagne glasses, earrings, robes) because I'm the first one being wed in the group and we are such girly girls lol so just go with your gut. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of your opinions/advice.  Super helpful, and i love the idea of shopping for each as though it were their birthdays.  I'll be sure to spend the same amount on each.  Thanks again!! :)
  • Options
    The last wedding I was in, I got a black Michael Kohs wristlet which I loved, and a pair of earrings that the bride made us wear for the wedding. The earrings have not been worn since.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I got my girls monogrammed tote bags (I know...gasp), but I know my girls and they love tote bags. All of my girls use the totes and I've seen each of them personally carrying it full of their stuff so I knew it was a good gift for them. I filled the bags with stuff that I knew they would like, but I also bought them all pearl necklaces to wear at the wedding. I think it was a nice combination of traditional BM gifts and individualized gifts. It's definitely a know your bridal party thing. If I had shown up with random gifts for them they would have been like what is this it doesn't have anything to do with your wedding? That's just how BM gifts are done in our circle and it's what everyone expects.
  • Options
    I think the best one I ever received was a Coach wristlet. Had nothing to do with the wedding and it was something I could use on any day.
  • Options
    I'm purchasing individual gifts. I got my MOH the Kate Spade bridesmaid bracelet. My "man of honor" a leather cuff bracelet that I'm having personalized for his taste. I have 2 other b BMs that I legit have no idea. My FSIL I'm getting an Alex and Ani bracelet and some Quest Bars.
  • Options
    The bride got us all lockets that fit our styles/personality/interests. For example, mine was gold with purple (my favorite color). She wrote a little note with a few things she admired about us and stuck it in. It was so meaningful and personal! 
  • Options
    I was a bridesmaid in a wedding where the gift was a necklace with Catholic iconography; I'm Jewish. Needless to say that gift ended up in a drawer for years until I moved and passed it on to Goodwill.
    Just Married!

• Options
    spglsp said:
    I was a bridesmaid in a wedding where the gift was a necklace with Catholic iconography; I'm Jewish. Needless to say that gift ended up in a drawer for years until I moved and passed it on to Goodwill.
    I'm sorry, but that is Awesome!  Talk about clueless!  

I'm a Christian turned Athiest.  I have some bracelet charms I can send you if you miss the necklace.  I'm going to keep the bracelet and the butterfly charms, but will be getting rid of the crosses.
  • Options
    I'm pleased with jewelry as a gift, personally. I've never been given something that was required to wear in the wedding, but brides have always picked out jewelry that they knew their girls would like, and I definitely wear jewelry all the time. 

But honestly? If you have the budget, go for quality. One gift I got was a silver chain bracelet with a heart charm (imitation Tiffany). The hearts had our respective first initial engraved. I loved it, but it was cheap and tarnished quickly. Kind of a bummer. The style was great for my taste, but the quality definitely wasn't. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards