Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Hardware Store Registries

Has or did anyone register at a hardware store?  I cannot find one for Lowe's or Home Depot. Menards and  Sears has one. Any other places anyone has had experience with or does anyone have input using Menards or Sears.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hardware Store Registries

• Options
    It sounds like you need stuff to do home projects. If I were you, I would not register at all and when people ask, say "oh, we aren't registered, we're just saving up to re-do our bathroom." People get it - you want money.

If you must register, you may find some of the same products available at these places on Amazon. You could create an Amazon registry.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    No not home improvements, we started renting a house a few months ago and need some yard stuff like a leaf blower, weed trimmer, etc. just a few items.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No not home improvements, we started renting a house a few months ago and need some yard stuff like a leaf blower, weed trimmer, etc. just a few items.
    Hmm, I'd add stuff like that to a Target registry, or amazon, not a hardware store.  A hardware store is for 2x4s, light switch covers, and a table saw.  Leaf blowers and edge trimmers can be found elsewhere or be bought with any cash gifts you receive later.
  • Options
    We are renting a house too. Easiest thing is mention to close friends and family to get a gift card for a specific store vs a fancy gift. Afterwards (if you are okay with it) you can resale unwanted giftcards and use the value to buy one big card to buy the stuff you do want from a hardware store. 

Home depot does have a registry, but you fill out a paper form/table and it's only for that specific location. We are using Amazon for the miscellaneous items like tools. Worst effect: items may not get marked off and/or purchase an incorrect alternate from a store near them. 

We created our Amazon registry early (instead of a x-mas list). Then recieved a most of the Ryobi tools from it for the holidays.  My only tool return experience so far is Home Depot. They were great on returning an incorrect item (purchased from there) to use the value towards the one we wanted.

If you want simpler returns, go with a specific physical store (Target, Walmart, Sears, Menards) ask them directly about their return policy (for registry items without a receipt). The downside is yard care items can be seasonal, and a good portion of what you see now may be discontinued by the time of your wedding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards