Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress Disaster

So I ordered my dress online (from tbdress.com) and as per most people's suggestions I ordered two sizes above what I normally wear as to leave plenty of room to have it altered.  The problem arose when I got the dress and it was so cheaply made that the lace on it felt like plastic shopping bags.  Then I tried it on and realized it wouldn't even zip up in the back and the sleeves wouldn't even allow for arm movement.
So now I'm disputing it with PayPal and trying to get my money back and I just feel super discouraged.  My budget's pretty tight and I don't know what I'll be able to do if I can't find another dress for fairly cheap.
After being burned by online dress shopping I wanted to find some place locally (I'm around the Allen Plano area, but I'm willing to travel).  My style for the whole thing is very bohemian/casual and I really want a dress with long sleeves and lace.  With the area I live in though, most of the shops cater more towards the debutante bride with extremely elaborate and poofy dresses.
Are there any recommendations from you guys about where to look?  Or a more reputable place online to buy from? 

Re: Dress Disaster

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards