Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Williams Sonoma kind of sucks!

We registered at WS because it was the only place where we found plates that we liked. Since we were getting plates there, we also went ahead and registered for some other nice fancy kitcheny stuff.

So far, two WS gifts have arrived broken. Both times returning them has been a huge hassle. This past weekend it was a wine decanter. I brought it to the store (because I sure as heck am not paying to ship that thing back to MS or wherever it came from) and it was a 45 minute ordeal. At the end of which they "couldn't" give me a receipt. They just told me to trust that a new one would appear on my doorstep next week. They also wouldn't let me keep my original receipt. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA. I went on and on to two different managers about how if I have neither my original receipt nor a new receipt showing that they exchanged it, and my decanter never arrives, then I have nothing to prove this entire shitshow took place. They ended up writing me a note. On a piece of paper. That they both signed. And then I took a photo of them holding my broken decanter. I mean, WTH?? So bizarre.

Re: Williams Sonoma kind of sucks!

• Options
    Why didn't you just call their CS? When I received broken items from other places, I called and had replacements sent without ever leaving my house.
  • Options

Because, as I learned when I received my broken cutting board (how does that happen?? it's wood???) a few weeks ago, if you don't take it to a store, you have to send back the broken item yourself. Which I found super annoying. I would have still had to leave my house, go to the post office, pack up a broken wine decanter and pay for shipping. Bleeeech. To not have to ship it back, you have to take it to a store and have them ship it back for you.

• Options
    LlikotdesserdLlikotdesserd member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    That's strange. I too, registered at WS. Whenever I've had something broken arrive, they've asked me to email them a photo of the broken object, and promptly have sent a new one.
  • Options
    That's strange. Whenever I've had something broken arrive, they've asked me to email them a photo of the broken object, and promptly have sent a new one.
    Right? This would be logical. Williams Sonoma = Completely Illogical. And also really bad at packaging things.
  • Options
    That's too bad. I haven't had a single issue with my WS registry nor have I received any broken items. I think my only minor problem so far is keeping an eye on some of my favorite things to make sure they don't go out of stock or backordered. Sorry you having such a terrible experience. So far, all of my dealings with them have been great.

• Options
    NOT EVEN KIDDING. Just received a maple rolling pin as part of a gift. Giant crack in it. Seriously Williams Sonoma???? Guess I'm going back to the store FOR THE THIRD TIME. 
  • Options
    jenijoyk said:
    NOT EVEN KIDDING. Just received a maple rolling pin as part of a gift. Giant crack in it. Seriously Williams Sonoma???? Guess I'm going back to the store FOR THE THIRD TIME. 
    You need to call corporate. That is unacceptable.

• Options
    Word. I sent an angry email. They ended up giving me a $50 gift certificate (apparently they work on Sundays??) So I GUESS I will stop complaining. (Until the next broken item arrives.)
  • Options
    That's so disappointing.  Hopefully everything arrives in appropriate condition from this point on.
  • Options
    That's crazy. I wonder if it's more an issue with your UPS/FedEx people rather than WS. I didn't have any issues with any of my WS items.

• Options
    Oh no:( We just registered at WS and I am really hoping that they get their ish together. Especially for your sake right now. 
  • Options
    I went to register at WS and found them to be bad. For such an expensive store, the customer service was terrible. Then the "gun" broke and they were just like oh, just come back some other day. We went with macys instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards