Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

help me decide between two dresses

awindowlarkawindowlark member
First Comment
edited January 2015 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Hello - I need to make a decision very soon and it is so hard!  I envision a strapless dress that is effortless and light.  But I tried on a beautiful dress with a lace top and now I am confused.  Fit to flare dresses are gorgeous, but they are not for me.  I want to wear an a-line dress and take the risk.  They are comfortable and simply gorgeous which I love.  Would love your honest opinions on either dress.  My friends do not like either one!  Very tough, but I am trying to stay true
 to me. image

Re: help me decide between two dresses

• Options
    Wow!! Both are beautiful, I see why you are having a tough time. I think I like the first one most.
  • Options
    The first one. The skirt looks more luxurious.
  • Options
    Oh man. I see why you're having such a hard time deciding. They're both really beautiful. I like the second dress the most, I think. But if you really want strapless, go with the first one. 

The reason I like the second one is because I think it looks really flattering on you, it's a little more unique, the lace is beautiful, and your body language in the photo tells me that you love wearing it :)  
  • Options
    If I had to pick between the two, the first.  But your friends might be onto something.  Don't rush this decision by making it "very soon."  I think you can still do better--why not set up an appointment at a different store and try on a few others this weekend?  Then come back and see how you feel about these two after you have a few more options.
  • Options
    They are both beautiful. Initially I was going to say the first is my favorite, but after comparing the two I prefer the second on you. 
  • Options
    those are both stunning on you! You have a gorgeous shape. I like the first one a bit better but to be honest, you couldn't go wrong either way.
  • Options
    I absolutely love the second one and think it looks great on you. I love the neckline. I think it looks very soft and feminine.

• Options
    I can't believe your friends don't like either, they are both gorgeous and both look great on you! I absolutely LOVE the lace top on the second! That would be my choice!
  • Options
    I LOVE the second one. It is really flattering and the top is gorgeous.
  • Options
    I'm a fan of #2. It's just more unique and fits you really well.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Another vote for #2! The lace top is so unique, and it looks great on you!
  • Options
    I prefer the first one - there is something about the shape of the lace in #2 that makes me think "one-piece bathing suit", for whatever reason. It doesn't look graceful to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for #2.  I think it flatters your figure better and the top is very pretty and unique.

• Options
    both are beautiful, but #1 in my book for sure!
  • Options
    I think the first one doesn't fit great- although idk what alterations you are planning. To me, the torso of the dress is too short, so the waist is hitting you a bit high and the top isn't supporting your boobs well enough. Ditto with the second.

If you were saying you loved either of these I'd vote go for it, but I'm actually with your friends. I think there's something even better out there for you.
  • Options
    I pick #2 :)
  • Options
    Oh gosh, they're both gorgeous! It's hard to choose. I guess I'd go with the first one because I like the neckline better and it looks more elegant to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Both lovely. I would go with 2 because it's giving you a better shape. Something about where it is hitting you. But I don't think you can go wrong. 
  • Options
    I really like the lace neckline of the second, but if you're picturing strapless then the first one looks great on you too!
  • Options
    My vote is for #2! 
  • Options
    I love the softness of the lace top, and ever so romantic light and soft skirt.

But you could not go wrong with either.

Maybe your bridesmaids have an image in mind of close cut, slinky sexy, but you do romantic softness well, and with long hair up, or softly down on shoulders, very very suited to your figure.
  • Options
    This has been very helpful!  I am going to make a few more appointments and see if I can't top the way I feel about both of these gowns.  I can totally see what people mean about the fit of dress one (sample size 4 on a girl with DD bust...yikes), but the dress is measured and made to order so it will fit just right hopefully.  I am not trying to convince myself to love either of them...if I woke up tomorrow and both were in my room I would love them.  The feedback from my friends and family was rough.  Thanks for the compliments on my figure...I can wear sexy/slinky at my bachelorette!  Wedding brain is  real thing, I am started to loose it a little ;)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards