Pre-wedding Parties

Three Day Wedding

We are having a Japanese tea-ceremony the day before our wedding.  This will only include our family. 
We will then have a rehearsal dinner and game night/ and tea and donuts in a dining hall at a camp.
The next day will be the wedding and the reception
And then after the reception, s'mores and a campfire. 
The next morning will be a brunch. 

Some may think it's crazy to have three days of activities but people can come and leave when they want.  And my sisters both had three days of activities. 

Re: Three Day Wedding

• dvdplayer said:
    We are having a Japanese tea-ceremony the day before our wedding.  This will only include our family. 
    We will then have a rehearsal dinner and game night/ and tea and donuts in a dining hall at a camp.

Some may think it's crazy to have three days of activities but people can come and leave when they want.  And my sisters both had three days of activities. 
    Ok? Not sure if you had a question in here. These "three days of activities" aren't uncommon in North America (with the exception of the tea ceremony of course). Many couples host a rehearsal dinner, wedding, and morning-after brunch. We did.
  • I guess I wondered if this was unusual.
  • dvdplayer said:

Uhhhhhh congrats?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Ok?  

My best friend is Indian, so I'm familiar with multiple day ceremonies. 
  • Just don't be upset if people don't want to attend every part.
  • Since the first day does not include all guests, you are really inviting your guests to your wedding day, and then providing a breakfast for those who choose to stay overnight.  Nothing wrong with this.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Ditto on not being surprised if not everyone comes to everything. I would not have any interest in hanging out with you for days celebrating your wedding.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Sounds fine.
    When 3 day or longer celebrations seem off is when a couple EXPECT all of WP to participate in everything, and most guests too. But no pressure to anyone, with first and third day optional, nice planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards