Offbeat Weddings
Options

Offbeat Save the Dates and Invitations.....

Hello! I'm doing a someone offbeat "coastal" Maine wedding -- bright colours, driftwood, vintage-ish dress, Doc Martens with a mid length retro-ish dress. I want to make my invites and Save the Dates somewhat different and funky. After all, my fiance is an artist, and I'm not your run-of-the-mill person, and we've been together a long time. A "normal" wedding invitation would not be expected! 

I am thinking of doing my SODs as a vintage lobster that says "They're Caught" -- a magnet -- as a vintage watercolour. Do you think this will be okay digitally printed on cardstock. My budget is extremely tight -- I'm blowing most of it on the food and a very good band. And an open bar, lol. Most of our friends are like-minded and there to see us wed and enjoy the party. 

So what's your opinion of digital printing of watercolours?
TIA

Re: Offbeat Save the Dates and Invitations.....

• Options
    If you are trying to save money turn it into a printed postcard instead of magnet. You'll save money on the magnet portion & a postcard will be cheaper to send too. Then instead of sending a magnet also it's like your sending a cute personalized postcard from a vacation. You can go to the office supply store to get sheets of paper to run through your own printer and then they are perferated to rip into postcards. Only thing is depending on how colorful your design is, you may go through ink quickly.
  • Options
    I love your idea although it may be a little expensive. The postcard idea would be nice too. Perhaps you can include a small lobster shaped magnet with the date or a sticker they can use on their calendar at home to mark your special day.....

Either way, I am all for the lobster!! 

Susan 
  • Options
    714hbbride714hbbride member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    I think that sounds adorable!! I used magnets from Wedding Paper Divas for my Save the Dates magnets (3.38 inches x 4.88 inches) and they only required one standard stamp 

They do a lot of customized stationary and are always having sales so I would suggest checking them out. I think they are having a sale on Save the Dates for 30% off this weekend. I would see if they had anything with a lobster or if they could customize for you. I really liked mine :-)

ETA: They also have some Save the Dates where you can upload a photo so if you have a design you can make on your own that might be cheaper than customizing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards