Wedding 911

Need ADVICE to figuring out my wedding location!

So I recently got engaged within the past month... My fiancé and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I'm originally from Hawaii and am very family oriented. My fiancé has family and friends all over the U.S. We're planning on paying for the wedding ourselves and don't plan to get married until late 2016. The only problem is..... WE CAN'T DECIDE WHERE TO GET MARRIED!! :-( Id like to get married in Hawaii, because I have a big family and would like to have all of them there... ONLY thing is my fiancé wouldn't have much friends or family attend. I don't want to do that to him because it's OUR DAY!! He'd like to get married in Vegas because it's in the middle.... I'm all for it.... But then I remember that 90% of my family WOULDNT be able to make it and I'll be getting married in front of HIS friends and family and a small portion of mine. He has mentioned that he doesn't mind having something in both places... But where do we do the ceremony to make things fair? I need advice on finding a HAPPY MEDIUM!

Re: Need ADVICE to figuring out my wedding location!

• We had a similar situation where we had family from opposite ends of the country and friends spread out all along the middle. 

Our decision ultimately was based on what made it easiest for us as a couple to plan our wedding. We decided to do our wedding where we currently live so that we didn't have to travel any time we needed to meet with a vendor or only have limited times when we were in the area of the wedding to check things out (you never know what last minute, unexpected finds will end up being something you want to use). We didn't want to have to constantly travel (aka spend money) leading up to the wedding. It is something to consider.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    So I recently got engaged within the past month... My fiancé and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I'm originally from Hawaii and am very family oriented. My fiancé has family and friends all over the U.S. We're planning on paying for the wedding ourselves and don't plan to get married until late 2016. The only problem is..... WE CAN'T DECIDE WHERE TO GET MARRIED!! :-( Id like to get married in Hawaii, because I have a big family and would like to have all of them there... ONLY thing is my fiancé wouldn't have much friends or family attend. I don't want to do that to him because it's OUR DAY!! He'd like to get married in Vegas because it's in the middle.... I'm all for it.... But then I remember that 90% of my family WOULDNT be able to make it and I'll be getting married in front of HIS friends and family and a small portion of mine. He has mentioned that he doesn't mind having something in both places... But where do we do the ceremony to make things fair? I need advice on finding a HAPPY MEDIUM!
    Well, unfortunately, the most "fair" option here is to have it in Vegas, where it would be a destination wedding for almost everyone. Regardless of where you have it, you're probably going to have a lot of declines. That's just life and there's not much you can really do about it. 

If it were me, I'd probably have it in Vegas. 

As for the "having something in both places," you only get one wedding. You can have celebration parties in both places, but that doesn't really solve the issue of the people in that place not being able to see you actually getting married.     
  • Thank you ladies! You're right!!! Vegas is EASIER for everyone... And it will be convenient to be able to plan a wedding in the city you're living in! I appreciate your inputs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards