Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Hawaii Elopement, help please

Hi, does anyone know of a good wedding coordinator in Hawaii?  I am leaning towards eloping in Kauai, or possible the big island.  I would like to find a good wedding coordinator who can help me figure out the exact location, help me with wedding license stuff, arranging a justice of the peace, arranging a photographer, and just generally helping me plan the actual ceremony.  It will just be me and my groom but I want it to be special.  We will most likely find budget-friendly accommodations, so we won't be staying at a major resort.  Any recommendations would be most helpful.  If anyone has planned their own elopement to Hawaii, I will take all of the advice I can get.  Thanks!

Re: Hawaii Elopement, help please

• Options
    We didn't elope, but we did plan our Hawaii wedding without a planner.  Flip back through old posts on the Hawaii board for vendor recommendations to get you started.  License is easy, as it's $60 at the Dept. of Health and a 1 page application.  We went to Oahu, so I can't help with recommendations myself.  I also found that many hotels offered ceremony packages that included officiants, photography, etc., so check into venue websites and they might take care of it for you

• Options
    Thanks, so was it easy for you to figure out your location and photographer?  I don't mind not having a wedding planner but I was nervous that the details would be difficult to coordinate.  
  • Options
    I would recommend doing a resort package deal.  Even if you don't stay at the resort they will be happy to work with you and customize your wedding to match your vision.  I did a ton of looking around and pricing out places and decided on the Royal Kona Resort.  They have numerous different package options and it's a one stop shop for photography, music, officiant, license...everything.  My planning process has been zero stress.  I just tell my coordinator what I want and she makes it happen.
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Hanalei Colony Resort on the North Shore of Kauai. You don't have to stay at the resort to get married. They have some fairly affordable wedding options if you don't need a reception. I'm using the planner/coordinator and have been very pleased with her so far, though we are having guests and a reception.

The site has an "a la carte" option where you can pick and choose what you want and it shows pricing right on the site (which was very helpful for me). CLICKY
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards