Texas-Houston

Ashton Gardens - Houston Dance Floor?

I am looking into Ashton Gardens and went for a tour. First of all, I loved the chapel and the amazing windows in the ballroom, but that dance floor? It was so closed off and away from the ballroom. Has anyone had their wedding here or been to a wedding here that have any thoughts on this? I still love the venue but need to figure out if that dance floor is a deal breaker or not. Thank you!

Re: Ashton Gardens - Houston Dance Floor?

• I was considering this venue for my wedding in September but did not pick it. The reasons included the dance floor issue you have described. Many friends have been to weddings there and they all agreed it was just odd, like an afterthought. Obviously only you can decide how important it is for you, which will be partly based on your crowd and its size. For the number of people I would have they would have split them up into the two areas/rooms and I did not like that idea.

A big dance floor was important to us. I come from a family that loves country music and you cannot fit many couples out on a small dance floor.

That said, many people still get married there or they would have closed long ago. So it is up to you. As you said, the chapel is lovely.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards