Wedding Woes
Options

Humpity Hump day

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2015 in Wedding Woes
Day 4 of 7 in a row for me. w00t!  Yay OT.  (I only worked 2 hours Sunday, so I'm not killing myself working or anything and I WAH, so yoga pants 4 lyfe.)  ;) 

I got my rings back and they're so pretty and clean.  It feels weird having them on.  I can't stop messing with them. 

DH has been home at a decent hour the last 2 nights.  It's nice to co-parent during the week.  

DefConn is branching out with reading.  He's starting to like SkippyJonJones (which I love reading) and Curious George (he snuggles his George while we read). 

His teacher is still trying to push the tracing/writing crap at school. Blerg.  So tired of hearing about it.  He's not interested and he will come around in time.  He LOVES to read and is always working with his hands to build or fix things.  He doesn't want to sit down and color or trace letters.  

(But there's a huge kerfluffle here because they took standardized testing from something like 3-4 hours to 12.5 hours for 3rd, 4th, and 5th and everyone is freaking out because it's too much  But my state's education stuff is in the toilet.  They're trying to remove the state superintendent of edcuation (basically because she's a Dem and every other person in gov't here is a Repub.) and they've stopped getting teachers input on anything.  This is all led by our govenor. Our Gov. SUCKS.  He's such an asshole. Most Repubs. I know loathe him.  Our last Gov was awesome and now we have this guy, ugh....SO point is, I'm sure preschools are feeling some trickle down effect of getting kids 'up to speed' so that they're at or ahead of the curve starting school since there's so much riding on standardized testing...which is bullshit, but it is what it is. No teacher I know is happy about anything that's going on.) 

Re: Humpity Hump day

• Options

I have moms ministry this am.  The speaker is really good so I'm looking forward to that AND 2 hrs of free childcare is just a bonus.

I'm sooooo excited to see the Pete the Cat guy tomorrow I may cry if snow cancels it.  Only 1-2" predicted, but you never know.

• Options
    FWP:  We can only pull into and out of our driveway from one direction because the plows left a snow median in the middle of the road.  3 times yesterday I forgot and came my normal way home.  There was a lot of cursing in my head.
  • Options

I'm fired up about something that doesn't normally get me much. Someone asked about tball for girls.  Apparently one of the leagues offers "princess league."  Usually I fall into the "anything to get them to try camp" but this really irks me to the point of wanting to write a letter. 

Little League might have me annoyed this year with their age changes, but at least they don't separate boys and girls in the Pre-K league.

• Options
    "Princess" league?  My eyes are rolling so hard they're going to fall out of my head. 

Yeah, that's annoying and letter worthy. 
  • Options

Both here in TN and where I'm from in MI - the PreK are all together.  Wonder why they feel the need to seperate them at that age, there is no actual ball playing done, lol.  My H coached our oldest in T-Ball and it was all about getting them to just run the right way around the bases.

• Options
    locally to me there was a small kerfluffle (which, IMO, didn't get enough outrage) that the little leauge had coaches pitch for girls, had the kids pitch for boys.
    Because apparently 8 year old girls are genetically less able to throw a ball than 8 year old boys.
  • Options
    In Little League, girls can play baseball as long as they want.  We've had several girls in the league with Son.

Little League also has a softball league and a challenger league.

I'm sort of happy that the new age determination makes DD2 eligible to play this year (I am pretty sure, anyway).  Both girls will be on the same team.
  • Options
    His teacher is still trying to push the tracing/writing crap at school. Blerg.  So tired of hearing about it.  He's not interested and he will come around in time.  He LOVES to read and is always working with his hands to build or fix things.  He doesn't want to sit down and color or trace letters.  
    I have a feeling this will be DS.  It took forever to get him into reading, and only then because I had "busy" books:  touch and feel, lift the flap, finger puppets, etc.  DD would sit and listen to books forever, but DS just wanted to scoot off my lap to chase the cat or take the remote apart.  But you give him anything with moving parts, and he's all over it. 
  • Options
    Morning. I found out yesterday the new project I'm working on will have the same management. Yay? DH went to the doctor for his acid reflux but he still keeps acting like a little bitch about it. Yes, I know it hurts. But he's whining about diet changes he has to make, the medication, and being generally unhappy looking all the time. Whatever. I'm good. I'll do what I can to support him but after 2 months of this, the bad attitude is not helping.
  • Options
    Remember when I said I've been in a helluva mood?  Last night I completely took it out on the internet and trolled someone.  I'm trying to feel guilty about it; I just can't find it.  It doesn't help that the issue was another "Look at this thing that women are trying to do to support each other" and it was a man saying, "But what about the men!?!?" whine.

DH and I are not good right now.  I don't really want to say anymore about it; I just need to get it out.  I haven't told anyone IRL.  It's starting to weigh pretty heavily on me and I know it's mixed up in creating this mood.
  • Options
    speaking of which - new Magic Mike trailer. let the objectification of men begin!

Work has been busy, but i have been feeling kinda blah. need to push on the workouts and healthy food for the next few weeks, and hopefully start feeling a little better. one plus is that we booked our flights for scandinavia, and we'll be there in 105ish days. i need to get out and do something - i haven't left the general Houston area (we'll say within a 90mi radius of the city) since October, and I need to go somewhere. 

• Options
    Sorry, V.  ((hugs and vibes))
  • Options
    ::hugs V::

Some times a good anonymous, Internet rant is needed.
  • Options

Hugs V

@Tawillers- the age change means 6let goes from jr t-ball straight to coach pitch and has to be evaluated.  I hate that they made the change AFTER we signed up AND that it splits up a lot of his classmates and his old team. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT - sorry. I think we've all been through this at some point.  It ain't easy. 

@mrs.conn23 and others - - my DD has always been one of those do-it-on-her-own-terms kind of kid. 
    She refused to read and spell until she started kindergarten.  And from day 1 of kindergarten, she embraced reading and spelling and won't stop.  She wants to read anything and everything. She LOVES school.

• Options
    @VarunaTT,  details are not important, if you're sharing with us it's definitely a big deal.  *hugs, drinks, shoulder* 

I'm now sharing my work space 100% of the time, so I'm on the alert and not even sure how it'll work having people in "my space" but it's probably good because I stay on task more often and am proactive in working.

I still like my screw around time though.

• Options
    Lots of hugs, V.
  • Options
    O-face, i have an extension I use that makes me work 25 minutes and then I take a 10 minute break.  5 was a little too short, 10 is a little too long, so I'll probably try 7-8 tomorrow.  It helps keep me on task b/c all the stuff I can fall down the rabbit hole on is blocked.  
  • Options
    Random:  I feel like I have nothing cute to wear.  And I will feel guilty if I spend a bunch of money on clothes, because DH and I just did our little annual financial review and decided to put more money in his 401(k) (which we think is underfunded) and the kids' college funds (which we also think are underfunded).  So I should just get a couple of things, but I really want to go on a spree.  (Which I have never actually done, so it's probably more fantasy than strategy.)

Related:  I used to love Loft, but now I feel like (almost) everything there is fug.  [disappointed sigh]
  • Options
    @6fsn - that does suck.  You really should have been told in advance of signing up because this age change was decided in April of 2014.

This year both girls are thrown forward a year, so they're "baseball 6" and "baseball 4", even though they won't turn 6 until August and 4 until July (after the seasons are over).

Really, I'm just glad DD2 will get to play.  She's getting really antsy to do something and this will be perfect to have them on the same team.

Our rookie coach pitch division is 4-6, then it goes coach pitch 6-8, minors 8-10 and majors 10-12.  But we'll eventually move them over to softball and they could have different age divisions.  We know nothing about the softball league here.
  • Options
    We have jr and at tball. Sr they will start to pitch toward the end which we kind of did last year but with this change he's going to go from jr tball to coach pitch. There are just more expectations than I thought we were going to face this year and more money. It will be interesting to see him being the youngest in a setting instead of the oldest. He's baseball 7 with a September bday. He's going to be behind and really at a disadvantage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards