Flowers
Options

Panacea Water Gel for Floating Arragenments??

Hi everyone!  I had a quick questions for my centerpieces.  as part of them, I was planning on haveing some cylinder vases with floating flower stems and candles.  In an effort to accomplish as much as possible before the day, I was thinking about using the panacea water gel in lieu of water.  Does anyone know if this works for floating arrangements?  Can I submerge flowers into this or pour it over them without ruinging them?  If so, can I use real or silk flowers?  I'm sorry for so many questions, I just can't seem to find any info on this on the web.  Thanks!

Re: Panacea Water Gel for Floating Arragenments??

• Options
    Definitely do not use real flowers.

Since you want to float flowers and candles in water, using this product will not give you the same look.  This stuff will harden, thus causing the flowers that are "floating" to harden in place.  The point of floating candles and flowers is for the soft and slow movement.  Same with submerged flowers, I just do not think that you are going to get the look you really want from this.

I get that you want to do things ahead of time, but I don't think this is one of those things.

• Options
    Thanks for both of your responses @Maggie0829!  I'm going to look into real orchids for a cheaper price as you suggested and I think you are right about the floating effect being lost.  I was just trying to find a way to prevent having to ask someone from preparing them with water and such the day of, but oh well :-) Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Thanks for both of your responses @Maggie0829!  I'm going to look into real orchids for a cheaper price as you suggested and I think you are right about the floating effect being lost.  I was just trying to find a way to prevent having to ask someone from preparing them with water and such the day of, but oh well :-) Thank you so much!
    If you can't prepare them the day of then hire a florist.  What you are wanting shouldn't be that expensive since you won't be needing that many stems.  Don't ask a family member or friend to do this.  If they volunteer to help, great, but if not, you really shouldn't ask someone else to take this on.

• Options
    Yes my maid of honor has offered time and time again to help with this and some other things as well since I set up her centerpieces and decorated on her special day. But I really just wanted her to enjoy herself and just spend this special day with me, not to worry about doing anything.
  • Options
    Yes my maid of honor has offered time and time again to help with this and some other things as well since I set up her centerpieces and decorated on her special day. But I really just wanted her to enjoy herself and just spend this special day with me, not to worry about doing anything.
    Then I would hire someone to do this for you.  It is great that she offered but as you probably know it is a lot of work.  And as a bride I wouldn't want my MOH to have to rush around like a crazy person to get everything done AND then have to get cleaned up, dressed, hair done, etc in time for the ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards