Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Contracts

So, I've just been on vegasgroom and other boards and it seems to suggest that you should have contracts with all your vendors - I totally agree with this but I now realise that I don't have contracts with two of my vendors - photographer and MUA - both who are very popular on the Vegas board - should I be worried - should I contact them and ask for contracts?  I don't want to seem anally retentive but it seems like good advice.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Contracts

• Options
    I'd recommend having a basic contract, and preferably putting your deposit down with credit card.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

Ideally, you would have a written contract that details everything, but even an email confirmation from the vendor can be a contract once you put the credit card deposit down and they have taken your money.  You just want to make sure in writing that you have a description of what service the vendor is going to provide, the date, the time, and confirmation that they received and accepted your payment.  This writing can be an email.

My comfort level on this really depends on the vendor.  For example, my catering is through the Bellagio and that is a crazy-detailed contract signed by both parties (which is great, because it is by FAR our biggest budget item).  For photos, I'm using Todd from Bently & Wilson.  I have confirmation email from him that confirms I've paid in full, the scope of the work (the package I selected), price, amount of photos you get, etc.  I'm fine with this, mostly because he is a highly regarded vendor on this and other boards.   My MUA is Harmony Medina, and I also have online payment receipts and confirmations that detail the time and services.  This works for me as well, again because she is so highly regarded.  

Just my 2 cents. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_contracts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c7c3273d-86ae-45d1-a9f4-6aa5fd80f23cPost:62187d1a-34b0-446b-a493-c5d356bba359">Re: Contracts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ideally, you would have a written contract that details everything, but even an email confirmation from the vendor can be a contract once you put the credit card deposit down and they have taken your money.  You just want to make sure in writing that you have a description of what service the vendor is going to provide, the date, the time, and confirmation that they received and accepted your payment.  This writing can be an email. My comfort level on this really depends on the vendor.  For example, my catering is through the Bellagio and that is a crazy-detailed contract signed by both parties (which is great, because it is by FAR our biggest budget item).  For photos, I'm using Todd from Bently & Wilson.  I have confirmation email from him that confirms I've paid in full, the scope of the work (the package I selected), price, amount of photos you get, etc.  I'm fine with this, mostly because he is a highly regarded vendor on this and other boards.   My MUA is Harmony Medina, and I also have online payment receipts and confirmations that detail the time and services.  This works for me as well, again because she is so highly regarded.   Just my 2 cents. 
    Posted by SD210[/QUOTE]

What she said! I am also using Harmony & Todd and the above was sufficient for me, but when working with the Platinum I wanted a detailed contract.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thx for your input  - I have the same two vendors and the same confirmations - so I'll go with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards