Wedding 911

Help please!!!

So, my pastor accidentally booked another wedding on the same day and for whatever reason gave them priority for picking a time... they picked the time I wanted 1pm and he told me I could do a morning service or 3pm. We are doing dinner at 5:30pm and I just don't think I will have enough time between our ceremony, receiving line (my father wants) and pictures to make it to dinner on time. Does anyone have thoughts as to what I can do?

Re: Help please!!!

• So, my pastor accidentally booked another wedding on the same day and for whatever reason gave them priority for picking a time... they picked the time I wanted 1pm and he told me I could do a morning service or 3pm. We are doing dinner at 5:30pm and I just don't think I will have enough time between our ceremony, receiving line (my father wants) and pictures to make it to dinner on time. Does anyone have thoughts as to what I can do?

What Southernbelle said. I wish our pastor had offered a time late enough in the afternoon where we could still have an evening reception, because it's terribly rude to your guests to have a gap.

You'll have enough time for pictures.

• KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I agree that this seems much better! If anything you can skip the receiving line - just make sure you visit with every guest and thank them for coming during the reception. Good luck!

eta: Sorry, I didn't notice at first that the receiving line was important to your father. I think you will still have plenty of time for everything and it will flow very smoothly.
  • You want your guest to wait 4.5 hours from start of the ceremony until they get to eat?  That's just plain mean : )  2.5 hours is perfect.  Stick with 3pm.  
  • This is a blessing in disguise... take the 3pm slot, and don't look back :)  
  • You were planning a wedding ceremony at 1:00 PM and a reception at 5:30  PM?  Yikes!  What were you thinking?  Gaps like this are terribly rude!
    Thank heavens for your pastor's mistake!  3:00 PM ceremony with a 5:30 PM dinner reception is perfect timing.  Enjoy your wedding day!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards