Moms and Maids

HELP - Bridesmaids Jacket Color

Hey, my FH is Catholic and we are getting married in the Catholic Church. We have been given pages of guidelines to follow and I am trying very hard to follow all of them. The girls and myself will all need to wear jackets and have myself covered - Ivory dress with a matching jacket. I am having trouble however with the BM jackets. Their dresses are lilac but David's Bridal doesn't have matching jackets in petite sizes. The jackets are only for the ceremony and I don't want the girls to spend a lot of money for exactly that reason. I have found jackets in similar colors but I was worried about how well they would match once the girls were actually wearing them. I found some cheap black jackets but wasn't sure how that would look either, especially in such a light colored dress. I didn't want the girls in white - I guess that was the one thing I was saving for me (although I'm wearing Ivory). I saw some pictures though of BMs in jackets that matched the brides dress and it doesn't look bad. Any suggestions out there? I know I'm over thinking this but I could use the input.

Re: HELP - Bridesmaids Jacket Color

• MairePoppyMairePoppy Connecticut mod
    Moderator Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its

I'd check with whoever is in charge of coordinating weddings on the jacket thing. Most likely, shawls or pashminas will be allowed. Shop for pashminas on Amazon.com - lots of colors and price ranges. You should pay for the pashminas if you chose a dress that didn't meet the modesty requirements of the church.

Knottie42086386
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom South Jersey member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I married in a Catholic Chruch, but didn't need to follow the shoulders rule (that is usually conservative parishes).  But if you are able to go with wraps, make sure they will not be a see through fabric.  I did buy my BMs shawls since we married in March and were unsure of the weather.  I purchased mine off ebay for $5 each.  Just make sure your vendor accepts returns and is located in the US.
    Knottie42086386
  • I never would have thought of cap sleeves! I just checked the policy on apperal and wraps, jackets or boleros are allowed. I will definitely look for the shawls on amazon! I have fallen in love with amazon "prime". I do want to keep these cheap and was planning on picking up the bill because I feel the dress and shoes were expensive enough.

My main concern is color. Everything is very light lilac and I was afraod dark purple would make no sense with the theme. Again I feel like I am rethinking everything.

Thanks for all the help... I am off to shop on amazon.
  • And yes, free returns are a must when I'm making my decision. I didn't want to be stuck with anything if something happened to be off.
    MairePoppyOliveOilsMom
  • MairePoppyMairePoppy Connecticut mod
    Moderator Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its

I'm happy with the gold ombre pashmina that I bought from 'Pashmina Paradise' on Amazon.

• The dark purple would look really pretty with the Lilac I think.  Lilac on Lilac would be too much of one color, where I think I if you find a contrast color it will look nicer.  I'd go with the dark purple, Ivory or silver to change it up a bit.

Anniversary
    OliveOilsMomcharcoalandblush[Deleted User]
  • I think the pashmina idea is the best way to go. I wouldn't do lilac either. Do you have another/accent color your are using in the wedding besides lilac?

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards