Registry and Gift Forum

HELP!! International guests

tetelatetela member
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited February 2015 in Registry and Gift Forum
I have a lot of family in Brazil who are coming to my wedding. When they tried to buy things off of my Macy's registry, it said they weren't allowed to because you can't have your billing address be from one country and the shipping address be in another. Has anyone had this type of situation before? Or does anyone know of places that allow people from other countries to buy gifts online and have it shipped to the United States?

Thanks!

Re: HELP!! International guests

• I'm really not sure, I'm sorry. What about a company like Amazon? They probably have most of the stuff that Macy's has. Maybe you can move a few items and see if there's more success there.
    *********************************************************************************

• Yea I was thinking Amazon might be a good option...Thanks!
  • My Brazilian cousins order from Amazon all the time, have the stuff shipped to my mom, and my mom puts it in her suitcase and takes it on the plane to Rio.  My cousin's son has more swimsuits than any 2 year old boy should ever have.  But then, he does live in Rio, so there's that.
  • Hahaha well that's perfect then! Thank you so much for the tip =)
  • We had a lot of overseas guests as well - it is possible to call Macys and order gifts over the phone if you don't have a US address, but realistically very few people are going to do this (I think maybe 2/100+ of our guests did).

Our Etsy registry worked well for overseas guests. My family have also used the Amazon wishlist to have stuff delivered to me in the US and that works fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards