Moms and Maids
Options

pixjtpixjt member
First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited February 2015 in Moms and Maids

Re: .

• Options
    pixjt said:
    We are getting married at a barn in May.  Our colors are pale pink, green, white and navy.  I just learned that my FMIL is looking to wear a red dress.  I've heard you shouldn't wear red in general because its a very attention grabbing color and takes away from the bride. I am so upset that she wants to wear such a vibrant color.  I've read that you can guide mothers to a color palette of your choosing...how do I do that without her getting upset?

p.s. I've had a few run ins with her since being engaged.  Since the beginning she has been very judgmental on our wedding vibe and how we want our day to go (its not what she would choose). 
    No, you can't do that.  Your FMIL is a guest at your wedding.  The only people that you can dictate attire is your wedding party.  And even with them you should take their opinions and comfort into consideration.  As a guest our FMIL is free to wear whatever the heck she wants to wear.

And no one, not even a woman in a red dress, will up stand the bride.  Just let this go.

• Options
  • Options
    If your MIL is already not fond of you, the last thing you want to do is tell her to change her dress because you don't like the color. Let sleeping dragons lie. Stay the fuck away from already grumpy dragons.

Anniversary
  • Options
    No one is going to "take away" from the fact that you are the bride.  Everyone is there for you and your FI.  Let her wear whatever she feels most beautiful in.  You cannot "guide" others to a color palette you find acceptable without looking like (and being) a bridezilla.  Let it go.  This is seriously a non-issue to be so upset about. 

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    If your MIL is already not fond of you, the last thing you want to do is tell her to change her dress because you don't like the color. Let sleeping dragons lie. Stay the fuck away from already grumpy dragons.
    And ditto this.  If she is actually petty, then "guiding" her will be the worst thing you could do.  Plus, exclaiming, "Oh, MIL, you're going to look so wonderful!" when she tells you her plan will really get her panties in a twist if she was actually trying to annoy you.

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Who the fuck cares? I mean, really. No one is going to care what she is wearing, and neither should you.
  • Options
    Oh a delete. No one will ever know what this thread was about.

Seriously OP, do not do this, you will just piss off MIL more.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    If you are still around OP my mother wore a red dress to my wedding and she by no means took attention away from me. Our wedding colours were purple and grey/silver.
  • Options
    NOT THE COLOR RED!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seriously, find something else to worry about.

Also:
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

My dad wore his (red) dress uniform.  To walk me down the aisle.

Everyone knew which one I was.

For the record, my MIL and GMIL both wore black.  No one thought they were in mourning, either.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options

Came for the DD.

I'm going to a wedding next month and bought a red dress to wear to it. GASP!!!!!!!! My cousins from India even wore red at their own weddings. DOUBLE GASP!!

MIL wore bright purple, and my mother wore a gorgeous navy lace gown. I'm probably the only person who remembers that.

• Options
    I'm even having all my BMs in red.

It's really fine.
  • Options
    Came for the DD... kind of a boring one...

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards