Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invite to someone who already said they can't come?

We sent the save the dates out a couple weeks ago. A couple people already told us they can't come. Should I still send them an invite in case their plans change? I feel if I do it looks like we're doing it for a gift, which we're not. I also feel that if I don't send it and their plans change, they're left out. I'm not using a B list, so there isn't anyone else I will send an invite too. 

Re: Invite to someone who already said they can't come?

• Options
    We sent the save the dates out a couple weeks ago. A couple people already told us they can't come. Should I still send them an invite in case their plans change? I feel if I do it looks like we're doing it for a gift, which we're not. I also feel that if I don't send it and their plans change, they're left out. I'm not using a B list, so there isn't anyone else I will send an invite too. 
    I would send them an invitation anyway, just in case their plans do change. Invitations are not subpoenas. Since nothing in your invitation should mentions gifts or your registry, it's not a direct solicitation for gifts either.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Since you sent an STD, you must follow it with an invitation. If someone erroneously interprets it as a gift grab, that's their problem.

Powers  &8^]

• Options
    Definitely still send the invite. If you're nervous about how they would perceive it, just send a note or follow up text saying something like, "Wanted to send you the invitation just in case your plans change. Wishful thinking!"
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Thank you, because once people told me they weren't able to come I figured why waste money on the invite, now I know to send it anyway.
  • Options
    What do I know !!! I have to depend on this site to teach me wedding etiquette,lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards