New Jersey

Help.. Wedding Invitation Wording...

My fiancé and I are paying for the wedding so together with our families isn't going to work. LOL

Anyone have any suggestions on Wedding Invitation Wording?

Thank you!!

Re: Help.. Wedding Invitation Wording...

• love0208love0208 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2015
    @danielle60314‌ Hi again!! We are working on our invitation and we have the same scenario....so far we have:
    " your name and your fiance name
    Request the honour of your presence at their marriage"
    (Then write out the date time and location)
  • H and I paid for a majority of our wedding but we decided to just keep things simple and use the traditional wording.  Made my parents happy to see their names on the invites.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • H and I paid for a majority of our wedding but we decided to just keep things simple and use the traditional wording.  Made my parents happy to see their names on the invites.
    Yeah, this.  Fi and I are paying, but we are planning on "Together with their families" just to sort of honor our parents.

If you don't want to do that, the appropriate wording when the bride and groom are self-hosting is in the third person.  Something like this:

The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the wedding of 
    Danielle and Danielle's Partner
    Time
    Date 
    Place

Or for a church wedding:

The honor of your presence is requested
    at the wedding of
    Time
    Date
    Place
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• We used "Together With Our Families."  DH and I paid for everything ourselves.  
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @danielle60314  i am in the middle of looking at samples and wording is very important to us too.  So what I have been doing is when i see a sample with wording that catches my eye that is catering to our situation I just take a picture of it to save.  Also if you are going with weddingpaperdiva they have someone on the phone to help you with the wording.
    Yeah, this.  Fi and I are paying, but we are planning on "Together with their families" just to sort of honor our parents.

If you don't want to do that, the appropriate wording when the bride and groom are self-hosting is in the third person.  Something like this:

The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the wedding of 
    Time
    Date 
    Place

Or for a church wedding:

The honor of your presence is requested
    at the wedding of
    Time
    Date
    Place
    We are doing the same thing. My FI and I are paying for the majority of the wedding, but like the suggestion that it is a family affair, because it is.
  • I highly recommend once you have the proof of your invitation together you post it on the invites and paper board. People on that board will review what you have and give helpful feedback. Always nice to get a fresh set of eyes
  • Thank you everyone for all the help!!!  I'm not yet at the proof stage. I am just starting the invitation process and wanted to get a jump start on wording etc.  You all are so helpful.. THANK YOU!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards