August 2012 Weddings

Started contacting missing RSVPs and...

So far 2 of the people have said they have never received their invitation!!! And I only emailed 5 guests today! This isn't good odds, I'm really nervous that a lot of our missing guests may not have received invitations at all! How can this happen? They were never returned to us!!! I am so upset right now, my FI spent hours and hours creating/designing and printing our invites, then I spent hours typing names on wrap around labels, and tying each one with bakers twine! Not to mention the $1 per invite on stamps (inside and outside envelope). I am just so mad!!!
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Started contacting missing RSVPs and...

• That's eight kinds of sad :( Hopefully the two that didn't get their invitations are the only ones. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Uh oh, I am so sorry!  I guess I assumed all of our guests got theirs because we didn't get any back and even had our address printed on the back.  I guess we shouldn't assume that after hearing what problems you are having.  We are missing quite a few as well..  UGH, I can foresee many calls/emails in our near future!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This unfortunately happens sometimes and it stinks. We only know of 1 that never received an invite luckily we found out a few weeks ago when we were out for drinks. Luckily it was a local guest and we quickly sent him another invite. There was one returned because the guest had moved and we sent it to the old address. Not much you can do except contact the missing RSVPs.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I know... it is very frustrating... I just don't understand why they didn't come back to us? Our addresses were on the back of the wrap around labels we used... just doesn't make any sense!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only one I'm aware of having a problem with was one of the groomsmen.  I guess it arrived at his in-laws house!  FI was in charge of their address, and he actually asked them what it was.  The groomsman had a brainfart and gave that address (they had lived there previously at one time).  Too funny.  They did get the invite though since they see the in-laws regularly!
  • They might still come back? I sent a Christmas card that didn't make it to the recipient, but also didn't make it back to me until February. The post office is bizarre sometimes.
  • Well I sent the missing ones on May 16. So It seems kinda unlikely that they will come back... But I guess you never know... One of  my invites DID make it to Saudi Arabia though!!! How bizarre is that... can't make it to North Carolina or Ohio... but half way around the world no problem!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got a phone call from one guest saying that another guest's feelings were hurt because she never received an invitation to the wedding.  I called her and hand delivered another invitation. Turns out her husband didn't clue in that it wasn't junk mail and tossed it. After that I scanned in an invitation to email people who don't RSVP - just in case they didn't get the initial one mailed.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards