New Jersey
Options

Locations for pictures in north jersey

Hey everyone. I am getting married at a church in Manalapan nj and then my reception is at seasons In Washington twp in north jersey. It's in April 2015. I need a location somewhere between the row for photos after the ceremony but before the reception. Does anyone know of a park or a nice place to do photos preferable near seasons. I like their grounds but i think I want something else also. Thanks everyone !!!

Re: Locations for pictures in north jersey

• Options
    I took mine in Verona Park.. it's like 25 minutes from Seasons... not super close, but gorgeous!!
  • Options
    Just curious - why would you choose to have your ceremony and reception so far away from each other? Aren't you afraid guests will be upset or annoyed with having to travel such a long distance?
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I agree.  That is a very long distance.  But I agree with Verona Park.  Its gorgeous.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We'll where I live there are not many wedding venues. And the ones around are not capable of the type of wedding we are having. 300+ people and black tie.@ohmrs2014 @cookie pusher
  • Options
    We'll where I live there are not many wedding venues. And the ones around are not capable of the type of wedding we are having. 300+ people and black tie.@ohmrs2014 @cookie pusher
    That doesn't explain why you couldn't have the ceremony somewhere closer to the reception venue. And I do find it hard to believe that there are no venues closer to the church you chose that could accommodate your guest list. South Gate Manor comes to mind - I know they can hold 250+.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Try George Washington's Headquarters (aka The DeWint House) in Tappan NY.
  • Options
    Don't worry about the ceremony and reception being so far apart. Just don't expect a lot of people to come to the ceremony, most will go straight to the reception (sorry but that's the truth). I live right near Seasons. All of the places mentioned above will not be convenient for you whatsoever. There is a nice park with a pond and gazebo called Wood Dale County Park. My friend had her pre-receiption pictures taken here and they came out really nice. Worth checking out for sure, it's only about 5 minutes from Seasons. It's a public park but most people will see you're taking pictures, most will just be considerate, watch you and stay out of your way. Good luck!
  • Options
    Wow, that is a really far distance.  Are you sure you will have enough time to stop at a third location on the way?  Why not just take some photos at the ceremony space, then some more once you get to Seasons?  It's hard for me to imagine having enough time while your guests are at cocktail hour to go to an entirely different location just for pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Not sure why everyone is concerned about the distance... I want to be married my my church which is where I live and grew up. I'm not getting married at a random church by a random priest. Thank you @knottie93815920 I'll look I to that park. Everyone else take a pill...
  • Options
    @Cookie Pusher‌ I chose to forego south gate manor because family was just married there recently. And i wasn't too sold on their food either. Beautiful venue but not for me
  • Options
    I don't think distance is an issue, but timing certainly will be.  Especially if you stop somewhere other than your venue to do photos.  We thought abuot going somewhere other than our venue for portraits but decided against it.  It takes a lot longer to move wedding parties and photographers from site to site than I think most people believe.
  • Options
    Totally understand! Do what you want - it's YOUR day - and if you're a little late, you're a little late. But Wood Dale is probably your best bet. Definitely check it out, I hope it works for you. Seasons also has beautiful grounds as I'm sure you know so you could always just do the photos there, too. But Wood Dale is so close you'll be totally fine with time. It's not more than a 5 minute drive. Fingers crossed for a nice day!! :)
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    That doesn't explain why you couldn't have the ceremony somewhere closer to the reception venue. And I do find it hard to believe that there are no venues closer to the church you chose that could accommodate your guest list. South Gate Manor comes to mind - I know they can hold 250+.
    I agree, this distance is very inconsiderate to guests.  I understand wanting to get married in your hometown church, but if you cannot find a suitable venue within a reasonable distance, I would compromise and find another location for the ceremony or cut my guest list to fit another venue.  I would never make my guests drive over an hour each way.

ETA - I'm curious about the whole black tie thing.  Is it truly black tie?
  • Options
    Not even going to entertain this. Yes it is truly black tie.
  • Options
    To answer the question...I agree with Verona park.  It is beautiful.  We took our engagement photos there.  Taking our Wedding photos at Lambert Castle.  Season's is a great venue!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Verona park is very pretty! Lamberts castle is only a 5-10 min detour from the route between the two and very pretty... as for people worried about the distance... i'm sure the church is earlier and cocktail hour isn't until evening- super normal
  • Options
    Sorry this is a late reply but I think I am getting married at Seasons as well and was looking up photos in the area. I found Lambert Castle as well and it looks beautiful. Also, a girl I know got married at Seasons and she did some of her pictures on the carousel at Van Suan Park. They came out really nice and it was different! Let me know if you have found any other locations! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards