Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Microdermabrasion

Has anyone tried microdermabrasion professionally?  Was it worth it?  How far in advance would I need to get this done before my wedding?

Re: Microdermabrasion

• I had a consultation to get this done but didn't go through with it. First, get it done by an actual dermatologist, DO NOT get it done in a spa. The dermatologist will be able to determine the level you need based on your skin type and issues. Afterwards, you need to religiously wear sunblock every day, or you can seriously ruin your skin. I'd get it done about 2 months before the big day, because your skin will look red and gross for a little while and you wouldn't wanna risk cutting it close.  
  • I fancy microdermabrasion too. Thanks for the posts I will look into this more with a dermatologist x 
  • I went last week, a little under 2 weeks before my wedding.  It was not a spa - they do botox and laser removal and other similar things and specialize in skincare. There is a doctor on staff but one of the other ladies actually performed the microderm abrasion.  There was a consult first to assess my skin but it was all same day. 

I won my treatment at a bridal show.  Had i not won it I would have been upset that I paid for it.  It was not relaxing like a facial (though she said some girls do find it relaxing) and my skin broke out a little afterwards.  She did show me the gross jar after she was done that looked like it got some stuff out of my skin (which I did not like... let's pretend its perfect and not show me how gross I am LOL).  Not a lot of redness afterwords (this is a microderm abrasion not a chemical peel) and I get red when my eyebrows are waxed so maybe she just didn't use a rough enough crystal?

Maybe if I was unhappy with my skin I would have been happier with the results but I wouldn't do it again and I wouldn't pay for it.  I get just as good a result from a facial at the spa and love the facial massage and "deep cleaning" that my spa gives me... and it's about half the price. :)  She did tell me that it takes about 5 treatments to get rid of sunspots and really see a difference but ummm... I'm good. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get a facial once a month.  My skin is extremely dry and it needs that extra exfoliation to stay smooth and soft.  That being said, I only do microdermabrasion every other month with some sort of peel treatment on the other every other appointments.  Everyone's skin is different so you would need to try it to see how your skin responds.  With that said, I would do it about 4-6 weeks before your wedding day to ensure that your skin heals if you have a negative reaction (rare but possible as with any new skin care treatment).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards