Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where do I find a complete checklist and wedding planner?

Hello everyone! I have been looking everywhere on the Internet to try and find a complete wedding timeline and check list! I'm not getting married for another year and a half but I'm looking for a complete list of every single thing that I won't forget to do or plan for my wedding, but it's impossible to find a checklist and timeline that names every single thing. I even looked at the ultimate wedding planner and checklist and still that doesn't have everything. Does anybody know where I can find one that lists absolutely every single detail for wedding planning? Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Re: Where do I find a complete checklist and wedding planner?

• Options
    Hello everyone! I have been looking everywhere on the Internet to try and find a complete wedding timeline and check list! I'm not getting married for another year and a half but I'm looking for a complete list of every single thing that I won't forget to do or plan for my wedding, but it's impossible to find a checklist and timeline that names every single thing. I even looked at the ultimate wedding planner and checklist and still that doesn't have everything. Does anybody know where I can find one that lists absolutely every single detail for wedding planning? Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

I used the Knot's list as a basic template, dumped into an Excel Google Doc and edited away until it suited my needs. You're not going to find a list that lists every single detail you need, because every single detail for each wedding is different.

If you know these lists you're finding don't have everything, why not just add in the things you know to be missing?

Your first steps are to figure out a budget and rough guest list. Then you go out and find a venue that can hold your rough guest list within your budget. Then work toward finding your other vendors. 

• Options
    mrscomposermrscomposer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015

When I was making my checklist, I just thought of every aspect of the wedding and broke it all down and thoroughly as I could - I couldn't find anything that was as thorough as I wanted to be, because like manateehugger said, each wedding is different.

For example, ceremony:
    - location: scouted, booked, confirmed, deposit paid, balance paid?
    - officiant: interviewed, booked, paid?
    - vows: chosen or written?
    - readings?
    - license?
    - music: playlist, musicians?
    - decorations?

Etc.  I think I may have PM'd my list to someone on here before if you'd like me to send it to you.

ETA: nope, it was my photographer shot list.  My to do list was much bigger than the shot list.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I used the checklist here on TheKnot. I like it because the items are organized by time frame and you can check off items once they are done, and those items then get hidden (though you can always "open" them up again if you want to see). When I make lists, I like to see the done items go "away"! 
  • Options
    I tore one out of a bridal magazine and stuck it in my planning binder.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! Very much appreciated!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards