Rhode Island
Options

Need recommendations for.hair/airbrush makeup on location for large wedding party...ma/ri

Hi! Could use some recommendations for hair/makeup artist to come to my house to do my huge wedding party of 10 girls (not counting my mom or flower girls). I am okay paying a travel fee just could really use some insight on vendors that will actually want to take on this task and that do a great job! My wedding is in October 2015 so I have some time but wanted to get the search going. Thank you any help is appreciated!

Re: Need recommendations for.hair/airbrush makeup on location for large wedding party...ma/ri

• Options
    Check with Serai Beauty.
  • Options
    Ditto Serai
  • Options
    Third recommendation for SERAi. Just had my trial with Samara (the owner) and Kyla for my July 12th wedding this week and they were wonderful. They can handle large groups and book out WAY in advance, so I'd suggest contacting them ASAP.
  • Options
    Thanks so much! Contacting them right now!
  • Options
    nptnycnptnyc member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Did you have good experiences with serai? I have heard horror stories about hair and makeup people being late (not specifically them) and am terrified of that happening
  • Options
    I am so happy to see this as this is who I booked !! Whew!!
  • Options
    I couldn't have been happier with Serai, and yes they arrived a little late.  I think they were 20 or so minutes late, but they called and let me know they'd be late because of traffic.  It was just me getting hair and make-up, so they both worked at the same time on getting me ready.  We had planned on doing most of our photos before the wedding, so that we wouldn't miss a lot of our cocktail hour.  So some of this "lost" time cut into that, but nothing that wouldn't make me recommend them.

I was super pleased with the way I looked and it lasted all night.  IMO, money well spent. 
  • Options
    My experience with Serai was great.  I think our MUA arrived on time (or at least close enough to it that I didn't notice otherwise).  The one hiccup I remember is the phone # she had for me had 2 digits transposed, so she wasn't able to call me.  After a couple tries, she had the hotel front desk ring our room, so it wasn't really an issue.  If we had her come to a house and she was having trouble finding it, not having my # correct might have been a much bigger issue, though!
  • Options
    I can't say enough good things about Jennifer Hodge (makeup) and Lynda Williams (hair). They will travel to you and did an amazing job with all our hair and makeup. I have used Jen since for other events (including my maternity pictures) and they just opened a new space together in Wakefield. They are awesome women and I love them both!
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    B Lovely make up studio is great with airbrush makeup!
  • Options
    Not sure if I am too late but I booked Ali Lomazzo Beauty for my wedding in September 2015. She does great work and she's super friendly and responsive to emails or phone calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards