September 2012 Weddings
Options

Thoughts on Tuxes??

I'm so lost with the tux options and FI isn't going to step up and make a decision without me so I need your help.
I really love the grey, but I'm worried that for September and for our style of wedding (classic/formal) it won't be appropriate - but really I have no clue!! I'm just going by what I've been told.

I love this option, in both grey and black (or maybe I just love the model haha):

Is it formal enough?

I would love to incorporate a tie like the one below but should it be for the groom or the best man (only attendant)? keep in mind my MOH is wearing that colour of dress (eggplant/aubergine).

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Thoughts on Tuxes??

• Options
    FI's only concern was making tuxes work the way he pictured. He pictured himself matching to some degree me, and the groomsment he bridesmaids... not uber matchy matchy but some hint of it... 

So he's doing the traditional black tux, white shirt, black vest, black tie look while the groomsmen are doing all black (shirt, vest, tux) with a red tie. 

I don't think the grey would look out of place, I think its really nice :) 
  • Options
    I favor grey over black. We're currently looking for charcoal. I definitely think its formal enough.
  • Options
    I love  gray tux/suit. I thought it would look awesome with my plum colors at the wedding but FI wasn't as thrilled. We'll be doing a traditional black tux. Although we still haven't agreed on a tie. I like bow ties, he likes long ties.
  • Options
    I love the grey! Well, what time is your wedding? That changes things. And are the BM wearing long or short? My wedding is at 630pm and very formal so we are doing classic traditional black tuxes for the groomsmen with some kind of plum accent, the girls are in long plum ball gowns, and FI will wear white tie to match me.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    Ceremony is at 2pm and my ONE attendant is wearing a long gown in aubergine.
    I guess I could go either way...
    I really love the grey and it would look awesome on FI; his eyes would look amazing!
  • Options
    I love the grey, but I think you should go to a store and try some on.  That's the only way you'll know for sure :)

We've been looking at suits/tuxes a lot lately too- both for our wedding & the one we're in on September 8th.  We're leaning toward sand-coloured (getting married on the beach) and have found a great suit that is rentable at a local tux place.  We'll be making an appointment there soon!  Luckily my bridesmaids dresses are from Dessy, so I can get matching ties & pocket squares in the same fabric & colour as my girls' dresses.  Chris wants to wear the same thing as his groomsmen, so we don't have to worry there.

GL and let us know how it works out!!
  • Options
    i LOVE the gray and i would totally go with it if my FI was cool with it. but we are very traditional and i think he wouldnt consider anything besides black.

Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    We're having a formal 5pm ceremony and using charcoal suits.  I love the plum color with yours!
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I also love and vote charcoal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My photographer shot this very formal wedding a few months ago and all the guys wore grey.  They looked sharp.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150251649582237&set=a.10150251648097237.319792.107852572236&type=3&theater
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    My fiance really wants a dark charcoal grey too, but we haven't been able to find rentable suits or tuxes anywhere!  (We are also getting married in September, and our bridesmaids are in royal purple.) 

Because the groomsmen are in different locations, we wanted a chain or some way for all the groomsmen to get the same tux. Has anyone been able to find rentable gray suits or tuxes?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    scogs thanks for the pic! very classy!

We are leaning towards the Calvin Klein "Legend" tux in grey. Not sure if he'll be purchasing his or not.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_thoughts-tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:7b37867c-64e2-439c-9fe8-b25212fc51a4Post:f8396b20-2ef6-4a8c-a8a2-62258b324c34">Re: Thoughts on Tuxes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ceremony is at 2pm and my ONE attendant is wearing a long gown in aubergine. I guess I could go either way... I really love the grey and it would look awesome on FI; his eyes would look amazing!
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

My ceremony is also @ 2, my girls are wearing long dresses in an Aubergine/berry.sangria color scheme and I am hoping for Charcoal tuxes as well.

Vera Wang has a new tux available in July I believe that is my favorite right now, it will be @ mens warehouse I just saw it at a bridal show last week.  I want as dark of gray as possible, but really  think the tie in a color to match my girls dresses will standout so much better on gray than black.

Also ,y FI had fairly light hair and very light blue-green eyes so I always think he looks better in navy or charcoal than black.  He just doesn't have the coloring for black to look as good as a man with a darker complexion or dark hair
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards