Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Beach Wedding; Shoes? Help!

I'm getting married in Mexico, on the beach, in May. I've recently received my dress, and after trying it on with a pair of flats I purchased... am I definitely wanting a bit of height. I'm afraid if I don't have some sort of heel, I am going to lose a lot of the bottom of my dress during alterations.

Any suggestions? What have some of you other beach brides done? 

I am in love with a pair of Marc Defang pearl wedges, but I'm wondering how well they would work in sand.

Thanks!

Re: Beach Wedding; Shoes? Help!

• Options
    Honestly, I really can't imagine walking on sand in anything other then bare feet or a pair of sneakers because sandals/flip flops just kick the sand up.  I can just see a lot of ankle wobbling even in wedges on dry, loose sand.

What does your dress look like?  If you have a lot of detail on the bottom of your dress and you have a waist seam then your alterations person should be taking your dress up at the waist not at the hem. But if you have a lace hem, typically that portion can easily be taken off and then put back on when the dress has been hemmed to the correct length.

• Options
    I would walk down the aisle barefoot, then save the heels for the reception later on. I have a hard enough time walking in sand as it is, much less in heels.

In any case, I've looked at a LOT of evening/dress wedges, and most of them have a narrower wedge than normal wedge sandals, so I don't think they would give you much more support.
  • Options
    I agree that you should go with flats. It won't be cute of you sprain your ankle and can't even dance at your reception, or if you have to wobble your way down the aisle. A couple inches of height will not make or break how you look! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards