Wedding Woes

May I have permission to be a huge dick to my ex at a work event?

Dear Prudie,
I’m due to run into my ex at a networking event. She left me for another man and I have no interest in rekindling things with her. I don’t see the point of pleasantries either. Since we broke up, I’ve shut her out of my life, not returning her emails or texts. I’d love to tell her what I really think of her, but our bosses will be there and it isn’t the right time. The last thing I want to do is to give her the idea that she can somehow have friendly conversation with me, in person or by email. Is there a sure-fire way to keep conversation at a minimum but also to convey that she should get lost, and stay lost?

—So Done

Re: May I have permission to be a huge dick to my ex at a work event?

• Is this really this hard? Say hello and walk to the other side of the room and network like he planned on doing.
  • I know, NOLA.  Also, if she wants discuss/rehash anything...He can just tell her it's not the time or place and then WALK AWAY.  

He sounds like a man-child.  She hurt you. We get it. But move on, dude.  

Also, don't shit where you eat if you can't handle it.  So next time, find a chick you won't run into at work stuff. 
  • Why is not talking to her not an option?

And what makes him think she's going to be all over him?
  • He has not moved on. I mean yeah, she left you for another man, but cut your losses and grow up.
  • The Cut Direct means zero interaction. If you're forced, you can nod "hello" and then excuse yourself, but this isn't hard. Don't talk to her. At all. 

I had a falling out with a friend in choir - well, ex-friend now, per his request. We don't talk. No one has seemed to notice, because we're not children, and we kept any "drama" to ourselves. I know it's not a traditional "workplace", but it is somewhere I act professionally, and it hasn't been an issue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards