Louisiana-New Orleans

Ideas for a SMALL (25 guests and under) Wedding in New Orleans

We are thinking of planning a destination wedding to New Orleans, but it will be small. Any ideas on a restaurant for a reception? We were thinking of having a small ceremony in Jackson Square. All ideas welcome...

Re: Ideas for a SMALL (25 guests and under) Wedding in New Orleans

• Muriel's or Antoine's have private dining rooms and are within walking distance of Jackson Square.  
  • I am also planning a small short intimate ceremony in Jackson Square! It will be in November of this year. I am an out of town bride, and I do not know how early the French Quarter gets started. Do you have a suggested time to have a quick 20-30 minute ceremony ( if that long)? 

Thanks in advance!!
  • Knottie27938820 - Galvez has great packages, and is not far from Jackson Square... 
    I'm not sure what your budget is - if you want something a little bit cheaper, Creole Cuisine has some smaller spaces (e.g. http://www.creolecuisine.com/rue-royal-room ... and if you put an inquiry in on their website they'll tell you about all the options...)
    If you want something a little more rock n' roll, there's a little room above Pat O'Brien's (I forget the name of it, but if you contact them they'll tell you about it) that also does cocktail-style receptions for an unbelievably low price...
    The Paris Room / Cafe Soule is supposed to be reasonably priced too.

If your budget is a little bigger though, I would totally check out all the private dining rooms at Antoine's.  (Even if it isn't, go and tell them you're considering it and ask for the tour! ;-) The rooms are awesome - and hey, your budget could always 'grow' after seeing them ;-)
  • I have to go against the grain here. Antonines is gorgeous and historic, but the food is not at all worth the price.

Personally, I prefer Galatoires or Latrobes. Cafe Amelie is nice as well, and Palace Cafe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards