Wedding Woes

Morning

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2015 in Wedding Woes
I can't wait to start bitching about that it's 90 degrees for days on end. (it's snowing and supposed to get down to -2 tonight...I know last winter was worse, but fuck this shit.)

The kiddo is going to stay at a friend's house all weekend.  DH has to work Saturday.  I am excited about having 1 kid around.  And I may con my sister into coming to hang out Saturday to discuss DefConn's bday cake. 

DefConn didn't cry today!  YAY!!  He was distracted and I took that opportunity to make a break for it.  He did fall out of bed last night and got a rug burn on his nose.  ::le sigh:: I asked him if he remembered falling out of bed last night and he doesn't.  He did fall right back asleep and I knew he was in deep sleep because he was kicking me and hitting me in the face (I went back to bed at that point). 

Re: Morning

• Yay for no crying!!!!

It snowed 4 inches last night and it's supposed to get really cold overnight tonight.  I too am ready to complain that it's too hot.

I'm going to make a hair appointment at one of the beauty schools.  I've never been there but my girl is in another city and it takes too long.  I haven't had a cut/color since September.
  • Had a promising babysitter interview last night. She wants more hours in less days but might be interested in helping me until the baby is born. Which is all I really need. I have 3 interviews tonight.

I wore my hair down today (it's usually in a low ponytail) and I've gotten several compliments. I've been washing my hair at most twice a week and my scalp and hair have NEVER been healthier.
  • Welcome to the "dirty hair" club, Dixie.  I wash my hair about every 4-5 days, so we can hang together.  :)

We got about 6 inches of snow last night/yesterday and it's colder than balls today.  Everything seems to involve "balls" lately.  *shrug*

I got home last night and H was in bed, tired...didnt' get up until 6pm, then back to bed at 10 pm and still asleep when I left this morning.  I hope he gets some good rest, I didn't plow the drives or do any shoveling.  I figure he likes it a certain way, so I'll let him to it.  Yes.  I do feel a little bad, but not much.
  • I remembered why I love sleeping alone last night. DH is home and that means sharing the bed and waking up in the middle of the night hearing him snore.

I'm a little annoyed because tomorrow is supposed to be a day off, but I'm logging in to work for a meeting I need to attend. It's sort of screwing with what I had planned for the day, but I'll make it work I guess.

Today my dress for Vegas comes. Fingers crossed it fits.
  • By yesterday evening, they were hyping 8-10" of snow by me.  Guess how much we got?  A lot of rain, and <1" of snow, most of which is already slush.  School was on a two hour delay, but I wanted a snow day, dammit!  Poor Wooz was cheering me up.  Me:  "But we were going to make chocolate chip cookies!"  Wooz:  "That's okay, Mommy, we can make them on Sunday." 

FWP:  maid canceled, so I have to assume it's worse by her.  But I had everything straightened up and ready to go, and now I have to do it all again.  Because nothing will stay clean-ish once the kids are home from school.

FWP2:  Just got a meeting reminder for a meeting I forgot I had because I assumed it was going to be canceled.  Because snow.  Grrrrr.

Also:  DH left an open can of Coke next to the laptop on the coffee table, and DS used it to kill the laptop.  Which would be sucky but not tragic, except that DH keeps grumbling about it and he's the one who left the Coke out.  DS can't appreciate the consequences of his actions yet, so maybe look a little closer to home when casting blame, dude.  I'm also annoyed because he's like "Guess I'd better start shopping for a new laptop" but whenever I want to buy anything for the house, he's all "We need to save our money."  So saving is important, until he wants something.

I hardly ever used it anymore anyway, so I'm wondering how necessary a laptop is when we have iPhones, iPads, Kindles, etc.   
  • Mr. Heff and Mr. Conn are cut from the same cloth in that regard.  So frustrating. 

House stuff that will be used every day= not necessary...need to save
    New tool that will be used twice = MUST HAVE NOW
  • My hair is going through a weird thing right now.  My chemistry must be aging or something.  I tried to dye my hair back to it's OG color myself, which has never, in my life, been an issue to do.  It was this time and it looks like crap.  So I need to make an appointment to have my hairdresser do it and talk to him about new shampoo/conditioner.  I don't use it often (I can only go about 3 days before it's just too much oil even w/dry shampoo), but everything I've been using seems to be making it dry.

It's snowing right now.  I hate it.

I had to pluck my chin hair this morning and I gained 3 pounds back.  Although I took a really big bathroom movement right after that and I'm probably back to the weight I was.  Note: eating vegetarian is awesome; splurging on meat does very Very VERY bad things to the system.  That steak was amazing, I'm not sure it was worth this.

I need to be holed up at home, binging on the final House of Cards I need to rewatch and nursing the Girl Scout cookies I have at home...and vodka.
  • We had our parent/teacher conference last night with DD's teachers.  They love her and told us that we have done a very good job. (tears!)  
    They said that DD and her "boyfriend"/bestie/partner-in-crime "H" are their best students and that they want to clone them both.  The only time DD is in any sort of trouble is when she and H are chit-chatting too much (probably because they're bored or done with their work.)  The teachers think that DD and H connect so well because they are intellectual equals.  Lol.
    The teachers said that DD and H, and their other friend M, make all kinds of plans for after school and the weekend.  (We all live within a couple blocks of each other.) But then they apparently forget to tell their parents, because this is the first I've heard of it.  
    Anyway,we were all amused.  I hope they're in the same class next year.

Today was spring school picture day.  All the backdrops to choose from were springy.  We still have a foot of snow on the ground.  We struggled to find something springy for DD to wear, but that she'd still be warm in.  She wears uniforms to school, so she doesn't have much in the way of non-uniform clothes that fit her currently.  I think she just went through another growth spurt.  :/
    I had to get up early today to help DD get a shower and do her hair.  I figured a half-assed ponytail wouldn't look good in pictures...

I'm totally rambling now.  I need more coffee.  Or less coffee.  Not sure.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I guess not sharing money is a good thing at this point.  I can buy decorations and wreaths galore for new house without H saying "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH!?!?!" because it's  my farking money.  And he can buy that new worm-drive saw with glee because it's his money.  BTW-I've spent more money decorating THIS house in 2 months than I spent all of 8 year at the old house.  100% honest.

Varuna-I really like Davines shampoo.  Not sure if you have a salon that carries it or need to buy online but I really do enjoy it.  You don't use a lot, it's natural and it doesn't leave my scalp or hair dry and itchy.  HERE

• ftrMrs0 said:

Varuna-I really like Davines shampoo.  Not sure if you have a salon that carries it or need to buy online but I really do enjoy it.  You don't use a lot, it's natural and it doesn't leave my scalp or hair dry and itchy.  HERE

My salon uses Davines.  I want to buy some, but I spent too much money on getting it did to have any left over to buy the shampoo/condition/products.  They have the BEST SMELLING hairspray ever. 
  • I really love their conditioner, a tub will last me years.  And I know that's not good because it's more natural-which means the shelf-life is limited, but it will last me....I've had it almost a year, and I know I've used less than half.
  • I was thinking about trying that Wen stuff, but I'll put this on the list too.  Thanks!
  • I'll add that I really like the It's A 10 Products. I use the "lite" leave in spray version, and it has made my hair so much more manageable. It doesn't weigh it down at all, and helps with styling. My only dislike is that it is hard to spray out of the bottle.
  • Finished packing the bag for me and the bag for the baby for the hospital today. Now if the infant could just spawn, that would be like the coolest thing ever and I would give the baby all my kudos.

• You need to make plans Juche.  I committed to working on a special project at work that was to start the day DefConn was born.  
  • My mom made it happen by going to her baby shower before the scheduled c-section.  (and then her water broke)
    That's the only way.  That or jumping jacks.
    (^please video jumping jacks)
  • You need to make plans Juche.  I committed to working on a special project at work that was to start the day DefConn was born.  

My kids were the opposite.  With DD, I finished a huge project at 6:00 on a Thursday (the day Michael Jackson died!), spent Friday bored out of my mind at work, and went into labor the next day.  With DS, I was all packed and ready for my 7:00 a.m. induction, and he ended up being born a little over an hour before.  (Good thing the induction was already scheduled, because my mom was there to watch Wooz--DS came so fast that if we called my mom when I started having contractions, she might not have made it in time.) 

It's like they both waited until all my ducks were in a row.  And it sounds like you have all your ducks in a row, Juche, so here's hoping your kid is the same way.
  • My mom swears a glass of wine put her into labor all 4 times.

I'll take my 41 wk 3 day story out of here though.

• Heffalump said:

You need to make plans Juche.  I committed to working on a special project at work that was to start the day DefConn was born.  

My kids were the opposite.  With DD, I finished a huge project at 6:00 on a Thursday (the day Michael Jackson died!), spent Friday bored out of my mind at work, and went into labor the next day.  With DS, I was all packed and ready for my 7:00 a.m. induction, and he ended up being born a little over an hour before.  (Good thing the induction was already scheduled, because my mom was there to watch Wooz--DS came so fast that if we called my mom when I started having contractions, she might not have made it in time.) 

It's like they both waited until all my ducks were in a row.  And it sounds like you have all your ducks in a row, Juche, so here's hoping your kid is the same way.
    I will never forget being on the phone with my mom the Friday before I went into labor, driving home from work, and bitching about the 3 people that were due the same day as me having their scheduled inductions/c-sections for that next Tuesday and I had no idea how much longer I'd be pregnant.  I went into labor Sunday and had him Monday.  I lapped all those bitches.  LOL

Also, the night before I went into labor, I had pizza and cake.  And I took a 4 hour nap that day too.  It was the best nap of my pregnancy.  
  • Well with DS, my water broke at work.  Juche, do you need to draw any blood samples and ship them off in a time sensitive manner? Because that's what happened then. DD I was just miserable and they were going to induce me that coming Wednesday, but she decided to GTFO before then. I made dinner and we ate chili mac. The common denominator with both my kids is that I did walk a ton before they came and I made sure to put the car seats in.
  • Oh yes, also the day before I went into labor...I hoofed it in the mall too.  We went to go look for dresses for my younger sister's wedding and then had lunch.  
  • PMeg819 said:

The common denominator with both my kids is that I did walk a ton before they came and I made sure to put the car seats in.

Oh yes, also the day before I went into labor...I hoofed it in the mall too. 

I tried this!  DH had a project he was trying to wrap up b/c my induction was scheduled for 7:00 Monday, and he couldn't go to the pumpkin patch with us.  I told him I would take DD solo and he acted like I was crazy, but I really just wanted to do all that walking so DS would come out.  He wasn't born for 2 more days, though, so I'm not sure it worked.
  • All you people going into labor can suck it.  I was walking a flight of stairs just to pee and was still taking calls 2 days before they started the Pitocin drip.  Two days of THAT didn't even start it.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2015
    I was on hospital bed rest for a week when I got induced at 33W6D. I had a full blown migraine the entire week + 30 hours of labor (due to high blood pressure and anti-seizure meds) before an emergency c-section. I don't recommend going that route. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards