October 2012 Weddings

STILL don't have my wedding dress...

long story short:  i had planned to wear a vintage dress and had it altered and everything.  the dress was supposedly worn by my grandma when she got married.  turns out, it wasn't and that was the whole reason for me wearing it.  i had 5 months until my wedding so i ordered a new dress at my mother's urging (and im glad i did!) without actually seeing it or trying it on becuase no store carried it.
SO, the store i ordered from told me it would be in early next week:D  i measured a perfect size 4 so I'm hoping it won't need any alterations except removing the tiny train.

part of me wants to go all by myself to see my dress, part of me feels obligated to bring my mom, FMIL, FSIL/MOH and a BM.  the only problem with that is my MOH and Bm live in another city and can't make it during the week...but my shower is on saturday and tere won't be time for me to get the dress then. thoughts?

Re: STILL don't have my wedding dress...

• Don't feel obligated to bring anyone if you don't want to. I had about a zillion people who all said "you better take me dress shopping with you" and I ended up going by myself.
    Anniversary
  • It seems like fun to take all those people, but be aware they will all have opinions they want to share....be prepared to hear them.....(not trying to be ngative but I took a bunch of people with me and felt really overwhelmed).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    i have gone shopping already with the moms and MOH but i felt bad about excluding my other BMs becuase they were in another city.  but yeah, you;re right...i don't actually need to bring anyone.plus, i may end up really emotional adn don't need people seeing that!  i never hd that "this is it" moment with my vintage dress so i hope i have it now!

they have all seen pix of the dress and love it.  and they were great to shop with becuase they kept their mouths shut until i gave my opinion. 
  • You could always go for your first fitting by yourself and then bring someone to the next one, (which I recommend if you are getting a bustle or have a corset back).  I brought my step mom to the second fitting and not the first.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • that's a good compromise cathy...it definetly has no bustle or corset!!  the back loooks like its all buttons but i'm not sure if its really zippered and the butons are fuax...guess i will find out!
  • I wouldn't bring the whole group with you. 

• Don't wait... don't feel obligated to bring anyone along either.  Inspite of my crazy week, I wast determined to get up to try on my dress that came in earlier this week.  It worked out that my FMIL could come up with my and my Mom, Dad and Grandma skyped in to see me in my dress.  Now for me the key is timing...My first fitting I'll go on my own just because I want to get in there as fast as possible. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards