May 2015 Weddings

S/O Rings

Does anyone have their wedding bands purchased & ready to go? FI & I still need to order ours, but we know what we're getting. He wants something simple, white gold, with a brushed center: 

I'm doing moissanite in rose gold (they don't have pictures of it in rose gold, unfortunately, but it will match my engagement ring):

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: S/O Rings

• We bought ours a couple months ago. FI has Gibeon meteorite, I have antique silver. No stones.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI has simple white gold... I like the brushed center on yours though!

Mine is also white gold, with tiny diamonds 3/4 of the way around. The jeweler we went to doesn't have photos on their site.
  • I bought his ring back in July, one week after we got engaged. His is 18k white gold. He ordered my wedding band a couple of weeks back but I haven't seen it yet. It's supposed to match my e-ring so that they fit flush

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Eek, I just sent my e-ring off today so that a jeweler I found on etsy can make my band. I have a round brilliant cut diamond (no halo) with a split shank with pave diamonds. When we started shopping for wedding bands I realized it was hard to find a band that would fit well around the ring but that I could also wear by itself (in case we are traveling, for example, and I don't want to bring my e-ring). I decided I wanted a criss-cross design that will sit against the ring but also look good by itself, so I am having one custom made kind of like below, except that is not my e-ring and the metal color on the wedding band will be platinum and the diamonds will be on both parts of the criss-cross. We are getting a seemingly incredible deal on the whole thing so I'm pretty excited. What I am not excited about is being without my e-ring. 

I am getting info from the same jeweler to see if I want to order FI's band from them too -- he wants a two tone gold band. At the local jeweler they wanted $1,700 for that, so I'm hoping this other jeweler will be a lot less. 
  • Eek, I just sent my e-ring off today so that a jeweler I found on etsy can make my band. I have a round brilliant cut diamond (no halo) with a split shank with pave diamonds. When we started shopping for wedding bands I realized it was hard to find a band that would fit well around the ring but that I could also wear by itself (in case we are traveling, for example, and I don't want to bring my e-ring). I decided I wanted a criss-cross design that will sit against the ring but also look good by itself, so I am having one custom made kind of like below, except that is not my e-ring and the metal color on the wedding band will be platinum and the diamonds will be on both parts of the criss-cross. We are getting a seemingly incredible deal on the whole thing so I'm pretty excited. What I am not excited about is being without my e-ring. 

I am getting info from the same jeweler to see if I want to order FI's band from them too -- he wants a two tone gold band. At the local jeweler they wanted $1,700 for that, so I'm hoping this other jeweler will be a lot less. 
    You sent your engagement ring to someone on Etsy? That would make me so, so nervous.
  • kikilamp said:

Eek, I just sent my e-ring off today so that a jeweler I found on etsy can make my band. I have a round brilliant cut diamond (no halo) with a split shank with pave diamonds. When we started shopping for wedding bands I realized it was hard to find a band that would fit well around the ring but that I could also wear by itself (in case we are traveling, for example, and I don't want to bring my e-ring). I decided I wanted a criss-cross design that will sit against the ring but also look good by itself, so I am having one custom made kind of like below, except that is not my e-ring and the metal color on the wedding band will be platinum and the diamonds will be on both parts of the criss-cross. We are getting a seemingly incredible deal on the whole thing so I'm pretty excited. What I am not excited about is being without my e-ring. 

You sent your engagement ring to someone on Etsy? That would make me so, so nervous.
    Oh, I totally get that. They seriously have 106 5 star reviews on Etsy. They also are a real jeweler, with a real brick and mortar business in Chicago, that also has tons of wonderful reviews across various sources (yelp, etc). I have communicated with the owner a bunch prior to sending the ring and checked the business out on BBB. Sending the ring is the best way to get a good fit with it, and it is insured to the hilt. The ring appraised for more than 2.5 times what FI paid for it, so it is covered by an insurance policy and I paid to have the package insured for the same amount. I would hate for something terrible to happen to the ring, but it is more than covered should anything happen. 
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited March 2015

@GoldenPenguin - My FI is getting something almost exactly like yours, maybe just a bit thinner.

I am getting something like this:

This is the design that my e-ring was based off, so we'll get a band made to match. ETA: They look weird together in the photo since the e-ring is propped up...they'll actually sit pretty much flush when I wear them together.

We're getting ours through the jeweler that FI's family uses; he told us to contact him in March so we'll be getting in touch with him pretty soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @GoldenPenguin - My FI is getting something almost exactly like yours, maybe just a bit thinner.

I am getting something like this:

This is the design that my e-ring was based off, so we'll get a band made to match. ETA: They look weird together in the photo since the e-ring is propped up...they'll actually sit pretty much flush when I wear them together.

We're getting ours through the jeweler that FI's family uses; he told us to contact him in March so we'll be getting in touch with him pretty soon.

That's pretty comical. That's pretty much exactly what my set looks like :)

• I got my actual wedding band yesterday! I am OBSESSED!

*******************************************************************************************

• I got my actual wedding band yesterday! I am OBSESSED!

oh my god, your set is absolutely breathtaking. If that were mine, I would get absolutely nothing done because I would be too busy staring at my hand. So lovely!
  • @vivelepunk - Thank you!! I can't wait to wear it all the time!! 

Only three days left on your ticker!!! How are all the last minute things going?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards