May 2015 Weddings

Invitations

I want to order my invitations soon, but have no idea where to order from. They are all so expensive with everything that gets added on! So far I have looked at Wedding paper divas, Paper source, Zazzle, among other options. 

Where are you guys looking/getting yours? And how much can I reasonably expect to spend?
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Invitations

•  I haven't ordered mine yet, but I am planning to order from Wedding Paper Divas. I have been watching their sales and they have offered up to 40% off flash sales in the past. You can definitely get 25% off your order. 
    Also, I have realized that paper is expensive! But we want to make sure we do it right, and we loved our save-the-dates from wedding paper divas. They had great customer service to help us customize them. 
    For about 100 invites, we anticipate spending $300-400, but I know friends who have spent more. 

Hope this helps!
  • We spent $209 for 100 invites, that included the invite, outer envelope with our return address embossed, inner envelope lined, reception card, response card set (including the return envelope addressed to us)  We used Click Here (Media Plus Birchcraft Invitations) we received PDF proofs and then once I reviewed and accepted the proofs I received them just 2 days later!   They are really good quality and I loved the raised lettering they use.  You can request 3 samples and they send them to you with no charge.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you don't need that many invitations, I would consider doing your own. I did that and I needed about 60 invites. I ordered my paper from LCI Paper, used Word to create my template, and then had them printed and cut from Staples. I also ordered enough paper and supplies for my menus, programs, table numbers, and place cards. I spent about $350, but it did take some time to design and put them all together. Plus I waited for a sale to get 20% off my purchase.

I have heard a lot of people have ordered theirs from Vistaprint and they always seem to have some sale going on. 

Hope this helps!
  • I ordered mine from Wedding Paper Divas last week and spent just under $200; my The Knot Budgeter gave me $500 to spend. I ordered 75 invitations with a customized back, 20 customized response cards, used their Pearl Shimmer paper instead of their Standard Matte, and added my address to all the envelopes for 30 cents each. I took advantage of their 25% off sale so this helped a lot, and the first poster is right, they have sales all the time! I made my decision mostly on the invitations samples I ordered back in November, not so much pricing. I do think it's a reasonable price though :) A tip I've learned is not to worry so much about the envelopes because people are just going to throw them away; focus more on the invite design. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I had my designed by someone on Etsy, and have printed them myself on nice paper. Wayyy cheaper than having them printed. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used monogramwedding.com  They don't have a huge selection but they are elegant and not expensive. I needed 130 invitations and response cards. Ordered their matte paper ( which is not the standard matte single card) it has a double layer border. We had our return address printed on the rsvp envelopes and there was a coupon code so we only spend $300. I can't wait to send them out!
  • We ordered from Vistaprint. Disclaimer: our invitations are not formal and I'm not sure what Vistaprint offers in that area, but the ones we found were really pretty and perfect for us. I think we paid $108 including shipping for 80 invitations. And there's almost always some kind of coupon out there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I got mine designed on etsy and then printed locally. 125 x One invite, 2 inserts and 1 RSVP card for $212 on card stock.

Where I spent the majority of my invite budget was personalized stamps, RSVP return stamps and envelopes. Whoops.

• fwtx5815fwtx5815 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    We got ours from Wedding Paper Divas. 50 invites for just under $600 (thermography)

We got the invites, inner and outer envelopes, RSVP cards with return address printed on the envelope, and a custom direction card insert with a map of the venue/surrounding area (paid a custom map setting fee of $60).
    We spent a lot on paper. Too much probably.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards