Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Say no to the dress

I wanted to share this news story that I saw online this morning. A reporter did a story about the overseas companies that offer knock off dress. I know there have been discussions in the past about not using overseas companies to save money on a dress. This story shows perfectly on why you need to be careful of where you order your items from.  http://www.newsnet5.com/lifestyle/say-no-to-the-dress-knockoff-wedding-gowns_

Re: Say no to the dress

• Options
    brides who do this get caught up in the i need to save money this is great i can get x gown for 200.00 oh wow it says originally 1400. You would think the meter would go off and the bride would say no this is to good to be true. there are so many legitimate ways to get your dream dress for less. 

starting with researching designers who carry affordable gowns mori lee, jasmine, venus, allure, bonny all carry gowns starting at 500.00 

checking out places like davids bridal and alfred angelo if they wanted to go with the chain store gowns

calling up bridal salons and asking them do they carry or have a selection of discontinued gowns at discounts that they sell off the rack 

goggling bridal consignment shops in your area the ones near me in connecticut carry 85% sample gowns they get from bridal salons and designers overstocks etc  keep in mind you are not going to see this seasons current trends there but you will see gowns that are maybe up to 4 year old collections from the designers you can also get a range of sizes there from super small to plus and the prices start in the 200- and up the highest price dress i tried on at the consigment shop was around 600 

checking out places such as pearlsplace.com netbride.com preownedweddingdress.com theknot.com classifieds bridepower.com aka vow bridal and the hit tlc show i found the gown 

i know when i started my dress shopping my mom would go online and show me dresses i would tell her oh they look amazing they look nice but the websites you are on are knockoffs she said i know but i was just looking to see what was out there. 

why waste 200 on a dress that will come in a very small package be wrinkled to the bone and you are crying because your dress is one big mess then you have to dish out more money to find something else when you could have found 200 more and gotten a decent ligit dress 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards