Chit Chat

So thankful for my husband

edited March 2015 in Chit Chat
My back went out, this past weekend, and I couldn't move my neck from side to side, or lift my arm up.  I hadn't showered in 24 hours, (I usually take 2 showers a day.)  I had to spend the night at my sister's house because I got stuck there and couldn't drive home.  
   H was supposed to go out, but he was a little late, because he was waiting for me.  I stayed a little late at sister's because niece got hurt, but I stayed to see if she had to see a doctor. Niece is okay.
    H waited for me, because he knew how bad my back was, and wanted to make sure he drew me a bath, when I got home.  I felt like a hag, walking in the door. H saw his old coworker, yesterday, and he told me her children said they still have our thank you card on the fridge and told him he did well.  He said, "Oh?  Did you think the card was pretty?" The kids said that the card was pretty, but they were talking about marrying a woman as beautiful as me.  He told them he was really lucky and not just because I am beautiful.  I sound really vain needing to hear that I am pretty. Sometimes, I need to hear it, especially on days when I feel like I am falling apart.  It was really sweet of H to wait for me when he had plans, draw a bath, and then tell me a cute story about how much he thinks of me. Ladies, what are the cute things your DH/ DW/FI have done for you, lately?

Re: So thankful for my husband

• NavyBlue143NavyBlue143 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    My H left to go work at a Renaissance faire this weekend for a tournament. I had to stay behind to do schoolwork. He called me a little while ago to tell me how our team did and tell me he missed me. I thought that was sweet. I've been a bit cranky lately because of my hormones and he misses me anyway. 

He also did laundry. And folded it and put it away. He NEVER folds laundry, it's like against his religion. He also cleaned the bathroom. I'm only working part time so most of the housework falls on me because I have the time to do it, but I've been swamped with school lately so he tried to lighten my load. I'll keep him for awhile. 
  • edited March 2015
    That's sweet. I love when spouses are really considerate, and as much as men can't understand what being pregnant is like, they know it isn't easy, and want to lighten the load. I always think that is so thoughtful of daddies-to-be.
    H cleaned the bathroom for me, too, because he wanted me to enjoy being in the tub, and not worry about how clean it was. Lol. He knows I would start twitching and cleaning instead of relaxing.
  • Tonihgt we were at the ILs for H's bday. Halfway through, I got a killer migraine. I didn't say anything to him, because I was trying to suck it up so that we could make it through the party. But he could tell, and without a word to me, he bundles up the kids and started saying goodbye to everyone. When his mom started giving him shit, he totally took the blame for the early departure (she can be a little...intense).

When we got home, after I was finished throwing up because of the pain, he gave me coffee and Excedrin, set up the Netflix, turned off the light and left me be.

He is good people, and he is definitely getting some tomorrow.
     That is so sweet, Ashley.  Your H is so amazing for taking the heat.  I get migraines, too, and it is so nice when someone understands. Seriously, I started tearing up, that he knew all of your needs, and did everything he could to help you out... including Netflix!
  • Tonihgt we were at the ILs for H's bday. Halfway through, I got a killer migraine. I didn't say anything to him, because I was trying to suck it up so that we could make it through the party. But he could tell, and without a word to me, he bundles up the kids and started saying goodbye to everyone. When his mom started giving him shit, he totally took the blame for the early departure (she can be a little...intense).

When we got home, after I was finished throwing up because of the pain, he gave me coffee and Excedrin, set up the Netflix, turned off the light and left me be.

He is good people, and he is definitely getting some tomorrow.
     That is so sweet, Ashley.  Your H is so amazing for taking the heat.  I get migraines, too, and it is so nice when someone understands. Seriously, I started tearing up, that he knew all of your needs, and did everything he could to help you out... including Netflix!

It really is! He doesn't get them, so at first he was like, "Um, you are crying over a headache?". But I get them on the regular and after seeing it a few times he snapped out of that.
  • I never knew it until I had a migraine, either. I didn't know how someone could throw up over a headache ( I rarely got headaches, and when I did they were mild.)  Nothing stops you quite like a migraine. When my back acts out, I have limitations, but when I have a migraine, I can't do anything. To this day, I want to kick young me's ass for being so critical of people with migraines.
  • DH drives me everywhere, practices, competitions with my students, etc., just so we can spend the extra 30 mins together.  He'll usually go to the gym himself, but it's nice to have the extra car time with him.  And he went out tonight to get pizza so we could continue marathoning season 3 of House of Cards.  

Hope you're feeling better Ashley, though I'm assuming you are if you're online

• DH drives me everywhere, practices, competitions with my students, etc., just so we can spend the extra 30 mins together.  He'll usually go to the gym himself, but it's nice to have the extra car time with him.  And he went out tonight to get pizza so we could continue marathoning season 3 of House of Cards.  

Hope you're feeling better Ashley, though I'm assuming you are if you're online
    Yes, MUCH better, thanks! I am also marathoning HoC right now haha
  • If I may ask, @ashley8918, are there any vitamins you take to prevent migraines. I, rarely, get migraines, anymore, since I have gone off birth control.   I am TTC, and I wanted to avoid immitrex, if I do develop a migraine (even though doc said it was benign).
  • If I may ask, @ashley8918, are there any vitamins you take to prevent migraines. I, rarely, get migraines, anymore, since I have gone off birth control.   I am TTC, and I wanted to avoid immitrex, if I do develop a migraine (even though doc said it was benign).

I have tried a ton of vitamin/supplement stuff, and I honestly never noticed a significant difference. The best avoidance technique for me has been figuring out my triggers and avoiding/minimizing them. My big ones are red wine (booooooo!), lack of caffeine, and computer screen light.

So, I rarely ever drink red wine, and when I do, I take an Excedrin first. And I always make sure to have my coffee (except for today - I got busy and forgot, and look what happened). I also keep caffeine pills in my purse, JIC. As far as the computer, I watch a LOT of Netflix on my laptop. So I bought an HDMI cable, because the TV light doesn't see to bother me as much.
  • Damn! I avoid triggers, too, but some are unavoidable (like cigarette smoke. I don't smoke, but my mom, her SO, and my little sister have a 2-3 pack a day habit.) When I stop by, if I am in her house for more than 5 minutes, just the lingering smoke in the carpets and upholstery will make my head lose its shit.

I get migraines on some types of birth control. I had to try out a bunch of different brands and doses before I found one that didn't give me migraines. I know you're TTC now, but if you end up going back on hormonal BC later you might want to discuss the migraines with you doctor because the BC could be a trigger.

Anniversary
  • I know Migraines are a trigger.  I think I will just try NFP, I might want more biological children, and it's just not worth it to go back on the pill.  After spawn, I will probably get my parts taken out and foster/ adopt the rest. 
  • I've been so stressed out caring for him (he is chronically ill, but for the most part just suffers flare ups a few times a year- he leads a pretty normal life) that when he felt a bit better he did my taxes, deep cleaned the apartment and surprised me with roses! I don't want to be thanked for caring for him, that's just what you do with a sig. other, but it was nice to have some weight lifted off me and I am a huge sucker for flowers. 

Anyway, that's why I haven't been as active on the boards or otherwise. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• He got me Five Guys today. What's better than that?
  • He got me Five Guys today. What's better than that?

Dan jizzes his pants for that place. I've never been though, as I understand there is no non-meat option.
  • DH hasn't really DONE anything super amazingly sweet recently, but he's just been SO adorable lately. Right now he's taking a nap on the couch and I just flipping LOVE how his mouth hangs open when he's in a super deep sleep. It's so cute and funny and I could just watch him sleep for hours.

I'm totally not as much of a stalker irl as I sound online, I swear.
  • Where to start. He's just amazing period. I have never had a BF treat me with so much respect. We are equal partners in every part of our relationship and we have great communication And greats lots of...other things.

I was flat on my back with an alien death cold recently and me made me homemade broth, homemade gf cornbread and me supplied with tea and whiskey. He also makes me Omelets every weekend. Yeah, I like this one. Totaly like like him.

• mrscomposermrscomposer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015

We're in the middle of discussing my resignation, so the fact that he's completely supportive of me leaving a well paying job and security and going back to school so I can do what I love is a little overwhelming every once in while.

And he's just so damn cute and cuddly when he sleeps, too (also, always).

ETA: I carry an extra thirty pounds at work with my vest and duty belt, and my lower back gets the brunt of it.  I get backrubs without even asking for them.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • FI just said 4 words that mean a lot to me: "I'll help you fold."
    He noticed I was doing laundry and jumped in to help without me even asking him. He's pretty good with stuff like that.
  • I've been feeling pretty crummy lately between morning sickness, exhaustion, and heartburn that makes me not want to eat dinner, so when I got home from work on Friday I pretty much ate a bowl of cereal and melted into a blob on the couch. He went out for a bit, came home at 9:30 and I still hadn't budged or eaten a real meal. I said all that sounded good was pizza but we didn't have any, so he went out and got me this glorious masterpiece of cheesiness, which I scarfed down and went back to sleep.

He's out doing the grocery shopping now. :)

• And he's just so damn cute and cuddly when he sleeps, too (also, always).

• Everyone's SO sounds great! V is pretty awesome at helping me with school. He is great at math and it's made a big impact on my grade. Plus he dropped off the rent check, bought groceries and did laundry. I folded all of the clothes afterwards! He also is very encouraging about my cooking. So far I have been able to make four things ha. He says he worries that I'll starve when he goes off to grad school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards