September 2015 Weddings

Baby Fever

Okay, I know I'm crazy because I should be concentrating on my wedding planning and everything else, but is anyone else getting baby fever with their wedding date getting closer?  We've talked about it and if our finances are in order (which we're expecting them to be) we're going to start trying right after we're married.  It seems like everyone I see is pregnant or has a baby and it's making me crazy!  Fiancé and I are Christians so trying or anything before the wedding is definitely out of the question (not that there's anything wrong with people who have /are having children outside of marriage, it's just not for us).  I'm just so excited to start my new life with him and have our own little squishy.  Does anyone else feel like this?  I'm trying so hard to push it into the back of my mind and concentrate on the millions of wedding tasks at hand and enjoy being a "bride to be" but it's always creeping around up there.  186 more days!  UGH!

Re: Baby Fever

• @futuremrssereda YES!  I am trying to make it past the wedding as well.  We aren't super religious, but I have traditional goals for myself.  My fiance and I talk about baby names all the time.  I'm not sure if it hurts or helps that he is equally as excited to start a family.  We keep reminding ourselves that right now is not the best time. 
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one!  My fiancé is more of a realist and he's good at staying focused so he keeps me pretty grounded when the topic comes up but I know he's excited too!  We have a few names picked out too that we're pretty serious about.  I also have this overwhelming fear that I won't be able to get pregnant which scares the crap out of me too :'(
  • @futuremrssereda My fiance has it all mapped out - he is hilarious!  Where he is going to build a tree house for them, their names, their interests, schools, nursery decor, all of it!  He has toys from his childhood saved to pass onto them.  It's probably weird how much we talk about our imaginary children lol.  Why do you think you won't be able to have any? :( 
  • @jordanmllr My fiancé had mentioned building a treehouse and tire swing in the backyard for them which I thought was super cute, he comes from a farming family so I know he would FLIP if we had a boy that he could take hunting with him and stuff. I don't have any real reason to be scared of having children, I guess I'm just anxious about it. A girl that we know around our age (early 20s) had a lot of problems conceiving because of pollups in her uterus (or something like that?) and it took them 2 years to conceive :( I would just be so heartbroken if I had to go through that. I'm hoping that with us being young still that it'll only take 3-6 cycles at the most to get it done but God has his plan I suppose.
  • @futuremrssereda Don't stress about it!  I am sure y'all will have no problem once the time is right!  Are y'all going to start trying right away or wait a bit?
  • @jordanmllr we're going to start trying right away, so hopefully this time next year we can be expecting our first LO.  When are you planning to start?
  • @futuremrssereda I think we are going to wait a year or so.  But if God has other plans and it happens sooner we would be happy with that as well. 
  • I am for sure getting baby fever right now.
    We know multiple people that are pregnant currently. And the only thing that is really holding us back right now is our wedding. I already have my dress so I can't afford to not fit into it. And I really don't want to have to deal with possible morning sickness/being tired during the wedding.
    It sucks waiting.

• I'm right there with you ladies. We're planning on starting to try as soon as we're married. No religious reasons or anything other than the fact that I'd like to fit into my dress and be able to drink on our wedding day/ honeymoon. I had a physical with my doctor last month and told her our plans and she told me I should start taking prenatals. It's definitely getting more real as the wedding approaches.

I'm like you @FutureMrsSereda, I have this irrational fear that it will be very difficult to get pregnant. I have absolutely no basis for it at all but it still terrifies me. I think it's just because we want a family so badly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @britneydel FI always says that to me when I get REALLY excited about having a baby haha "You want to fit into your dress, don't you?" and mentally I'm like "r thought of the whole morning sickness/exhaustion though, it would really suck to have to go through all that while planning/being at the wedding.  In our group of friends there's 3 babies all born this past year, one couple that's actively trying, and then FI's cousin just had a baby boy on Sunday :(

@jennyleigh16 I started taking prenatals this month too!  I'm also trying to convince FI to switch from briefs to boxers but that seems to be a losing battle :( haha.  I have ZERO basis for my fear too but there's always that little what if.

• My FI has huge baby fever right now. My brother just had a kid, and my sister is due in June. Me and my FI are older than both of them so I think he's getting pretty anxious. And wants our kids to all be around the same age as their cousins.

He has a list of names in his phones that he adds to everytime someone mentions a name they like. He already has a nickname for my future baby bump. Seriously. The guy wants a kid, like yesterday. I think the moment he turned 30 he felt like he was 'behind' and that we need to play catch up.

I however am more practical about the matter. I only decided that I even wanted kids in the last few years. So I have a few 'life goals' that I think we need to accomplish before we can consider kids. We live far away from any family and are planning on moving closer to home in the next year or so. So thats my biggest one. I want to be living where we plan on living for a long time.
  • @SoonToBeMrsKlein That would be a huge thing for me too.  I don't think I could have kids if I was super far away from my family, I'm for sure going to need their help.  I was really nervous about having kids this time last year because we were living in a really bad part of town in a horrible rental house but we lucked out because a starter home in FI's home town just 2 miles from his parents farm came up for sale and we jumped on it.  It's a little small but there's definitely room for a kidlet or two until we can upgrade :)
  • @SoonToBeMrsKlein That would be a huge thing for me too.  I don't think I could have kids if I was super far away from my family, I'm for sure going to need their help.  I was really nervous about having kids this time last year because we were living in a really bad part of town in a horrible rental house but we lucked out because a starter home in FI's home town just 2 miles from his parents farm came up for sale and we jumped on it.  It's a little small but there's definitely room for a kidlet or two until we can upgrade :)

Yea, my parents are 7.5 hours away and his are 12. Considering I never thought I would want kids, I kind of want Grandmas close by. I also don't want to have to move across provinces while I am pregnant or with a new baby. The town we live in is super far north and has a doctors shortage too.

Really, there is pro's to having a kid right after the wedding in my opinion. I am way to practical.
  • @SoonToBeMrsKlein a big reason why we want to have kids right after is because we're still really young so if we can have all our kids (we're hoping for 4) in the next 6-7 years by the time they're grown up we'll only be in our late 40s to mid 50s so we'll still have lots of time for our retirement and to see our grandbabies <3
  • FutureMrsSereda

I think thats why FI baby fever is so high. He really wants to be a young dad but Ill be 29 and he will be 31 when we get married. And our time line is looking at 30/32 before we start trying.

Both of our parents are young (54) so he's really worried about us starting so 'late'

I keep telling him that we can't change what age we were when we met, and we can't rush timelines just because of that.

• @SoontobeMrsKlein I get the age thing too. I'm 25 and FI is 40 so while I have plenty of time I worry about him being an older father. And trying to retire when we're putting kids through college and all that. The sooner the better for us. We're planning to try in sept and my brother's long-term girlfriend let slip to me that they plan to start trying next March. If all goes well for both of us, our kids would be cousins and only 6 months apart. We're already close (she's one of my bridesmaids) so that's so exciting to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @SoonToBeMrsKlein exactly, and 30/32 isn't even that "old" my dad has 4 other kid besides me and the youngest won't be turning 18 until a month after he turns 60!  We'll probably be in the 30/32 range when we have our last one anyways :) if you're child stays home until they're 25 you'll still only be 55-57, that's lots of time!

• @SoonToBeMrsKlein exactly, and 30/32 isn't even that "old" my dad has 4 other kid besides me and the youngest won't be turning 18 until a month after he turns 60!  We'll probably be in the 30/32 range when we have our last one anyways :) if you're child stays home until they're 25 you'll still only be 55-57, that's lots of time!

agreed!

And no kid is staying home until their 25! lol. My siblings and I were all out at 17.
  • @soontobeMrsKlein hahaha I was saying "hypothetically" lol, I left at 17, came back at 21 for 3 months and then was out again lol, I agree though, 25 does seem a little long but things do happen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards