Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Floral Recommendations

Any good recommendations for florists in the area that are reasonably priced?

I have looked into doing my own at the farmers market our places where you do the arrangements, but I'm worried about having to arrange them day of or the day before when I already have a lot to do. So if you did it this way, how did it work out?

Re: Floral Recommendations

• I'm not sure The Flower Guys are still around - but they were FANTASTIC and always at the Farmer's Market.  Several friends had them do flowers for their wedding and they did a GREAT job.  I also used to get flowers from them when they had their location off of Central but since they closed that up I'm not sure what their status is...

IMO - you're better off to give a florist your budget, list of what you need, and be flexible on the blooms and have them take care of the detail for you instead of DIY.  It'll save you a ton in time, stress, and materials.  Unless you're already experienced with arrangements and have the supplies, it can add up in a hurry and makes a HUGE mess. 

A florist I've used for quite a few events and she's always been fantastic is M Studio in Woodbury.  I give her my budget (realistic), theme/color/needs, date/time/location, and let her go to town, I've never been disappointed!

• There's a place in Minneapolis, Market Floral is what it's called I believe. You can order your flowers in bulk--VERY good prices. And you book time and they give you a table for up to four people to come arrange the flowers. They'll then store them in a cooler until your event. You can do this two days before the wedding.
  • My friend did Market Floral. I think it's a great option if you don't have a complicated idea mind! She just did 3 gerber daises in a small vase on each table. Her bouquets were just 4-8 gerber daisies loosely tied together. It was a fun color palette. Her bouts where just a single stem.

No way in hell-o was I going to do my own though - wanted multiple blooms and larger bouquets. I went to Designs by Rita. She's based out of the North-West suburbs of the city. She did an amazing job on my flowers and was incredibly affordable. I definitely got more bang for my buck by going with her!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards