Wedding Party

Someone needs to stop me. Like 10 mins ago.

My bridesmaids ordered their dresses in November and I'm glad they did because lo and behold... they're late getting here. They were supposed to be here mid-February and they still are not here (2 have arrived, 2 are late). I'm not freaking out. We still have 7.5 weeks until the wedding. 

I have one bridesmaid that is LOSING HER FUCKING MIND. She's been on me since Monday, "Are the bridesmaid dresses here? Where are they?" So I contacted the salon, the owner said that she would look into it. Yesterday (Tuesday), I hear back from the salon owner, "The dresses shipped on the 20th. The designer didn't have any tracking info for me, so they're going to get back to me ASAP with the info." Cool, whatever. I am, in no way, concerned. I relayed the info to my Bridesmaid, who didn't return my text message but usually that means that she's pissed off (This is the same bridesmaid who is pissed off I am not attending/funding her OOT bachelorette that she is planning through her MOH)

Today, I get a text from my BM about the dresses. Said I would contact the salon but that I was being patient with them because it's not their fault that the dress isn't here yet. There's a designer and a shipping company between the dresses and my BM. So I have patience for days in this situation. I get another text around 4pm today "Have you heard anything?" Told her I haven't heard anything yet... so she went to their Facebook page, found a recent post today that was not even related to her issue "How about you be excited and find me the bridesmaid dress I ordered in November? I left a VM on Monday and haven't heard anything."

You have GOT to be fucking kidding me. I finally heard back from the salon around 530, she still hasn't heard anything but not to worry, the dresses will be here in time. I apologized for my bridesmaid (because I assume she's seen the comment) and that I was so embarrassed that she would behave like that. The salon owner quickly responded, saying she would call my BM tonight and see if she can smooth things over and not to be embarrassed as it's no reflection on me, how she behaves. 

I am so embarrassed and angry. I've been in constant communication with my BM on what's going on. I told her earlier in the week that it's not the salon's fault that the dresses are taking a longer time and she responds with "It's not their fault but it's their responsibility." Responsibility to what? For what? I don't understand WHY she's being like this. I don't understand WHY she needs her dress right now. Things are already very rocky between us and right now, I just want to scream at her. Does she not trust me to handle this? Why does she have to leave shitty comments on a Facebook page of a bridal salon that has been BEYOND nice to me and accommodating through my entire dress process? I just don't know what to do. I'm dying. Fucking DYING right now. 

Re: Someone needs to stop me. Like 10 mins ago.

• What catches my mind is those dresses shipped 13 days ago and NO ONE has any shipping info?  I'm kinda having a hard time buying that one.
  • kmmssg said:

What catches my mind is those dresses shipped 13 days ago and NO ONE has any shipping info?  I'm kinda having a hard time buying that one.

Apparently there's some shipping strike or something on the west coast? So everything that's been ready to ship has been sitting so I guess it's entirely possible that no tracking info exists if the dresses haven't moved from wherever they are. I don't know. I'm not going to freak out until the bridal salon starts freaking out.

• Yeah that would annoy me too. Chill, BM. 
  • I think I would be more annoyed by the bridesmaid's behavior if I was footing the bill on the dress and she was still reacting this way. If she is footing the bill, this transaction is between her and the bridal salon. I would just let her deal with the salon herself and not let her behavior get to me. Like the salon owner said, she is aware her behavior is not a reflection on you. 

My advice would be maybe just take a step back and try and see some humor in the situation (for now). Although, if in another week there is still no shipping concern, maybe try and understand that there could be some concern on your bridesmaid's end in how her money is being spent. Still, I don't think I would ever freak out that much about a bridesmaid dress. I would leave that up to the bride to decide if it's worth being concerned about :) And kudos to you for keeping calm with the bridal salon during the shipping delay! Hope it all works out!
  • I am footing the entire bill for my bridesmaids. They are paying for nothing.

I asked her if she wanted to chat and why she was so upset about the dresses not being here and her response was "I want to get it fitted and taken care of so I'm not rushing around. I have other things to do for my wedding."

Oh yay.

• I'm sorry she acted so obnoxiously toward the bridal salon and you. That's ridiculous. 

Also, the shipping strike has been all over the news here, and affecting many local businesses here too. Basically the dock workers aren't getting paid fairly and went on strike (which I support; people need to make a living wage, especially when working overtime hours and not getting paid for it). As a result, there are a lot of ships sitting in the port waiting to be unloaded, and instead of the 30+ ships unloaded daily, they are lucky to get 5 unloaded a day now. 

You know, in case you want to tell her that she can fly out here and unload them herself if she gets nasty toward you about it. 

• Wow. I would send her a bottle of wine with a nice note telling her to chill the fuck out. 

But seriously. She sounds nuts. Sorry you have to deal with the extra stress :S 
  • kmmssg said:

What catches my mind is those dresses shipped 13 days ago and NO ONE has any shipping info?  I'm kinda having a hard time buying that one.

Apparently there's some shipping strike or something on the west coast? So everything that's been ready to ship has been sitting so I guess it's entirely possible that no tracking info exists if the dresses haven't moved from wherever they are. I don't know. I'm not going to freak out until the bridal salon starts freaking out.

I am a Miche rep and the shipping strike is affecting the March releases from being available for purchase & affecting orders in general. So this is a very legit issue, but hopefully something can be figured out for your dresses.

• Erikan73 said:

kmmssg said:

I am a Miche rep and the shipping strike is affecting the March releases from being available for purchase & affecting orders in general. So this is a very legit issue, but hopefully something can be figured out for your dresses.

Ditto this.  I also work in an industry that relies heavily on the West Coast ports.  We're being fucked over right now.  We have orders sitting out in front of Pedro that have been there since the end of December.  The industries affected are losing something like a collective $2 billion a day.  It's insane. The strike is coming to an end though.  They're in negotiations and now they have people working 24 hours a day to try to make up for it.  But it's probably going to take another 3 months to unload all of the ships waiting.  Of course, this is on the import/export side.  Weather has been our biggest domestic issue right now.

Sorry about your BM, OP.  She sounds like she's gone off the deep end with all of this stuff. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards