Chit Chat
Options

Yay, Outlander! Released this week!

Because of the job I'm in, and the fact that I don't have cable at home, I'd only been able to watch part of one episode of Outlander last year. Huge, huge fan here, I've read all the books multiple times, and now have them on my Kobo...

Anyway, the series came out on DVD this week, and I found it yesterday!  Yay, I've watched the WHOLE thing (love, love, love my job that allows me to watch TV and get paid for it ;)  ).  I am sooooo impressed with it.  I also know what I'm getting mom for mother's day (she's a huge fan too).

I'm super impressed with how close the series is to the book.

Re: Yay, Outlander! Released this week!

• Options
    I wasn't as impressed with them as I hoped to be.  And I'm not happy that I still have to wait till April for the second half to come out.  Not happy with how much Frank was in the first half.  

• Options
    I was so so scared of watching it because its my favorite book series since I was young. I was so worried that they were going to butcher it.

I was pleasantly surprised. I mean its not perfect, but it could be a lot lot worse.

And also, because he watched the show with me, FI got into it and now he's reading the series. Which makes me smile
  • Options
    I enjoy this show too! I loved the first book and didn't make it through the 2nd book (I'm very easily distracted lately and I can't finish a book for the life of me. Very frustrating!). I can't wait for the 2nd half of the season and still can't believe they had such a big gap between seasons. I saw that Target released a DVD set with Outlander stationary. Themed, special stationary that I will never use is a huge draw for me. I will never understand why, but it works for me.
  • Options
    I never read the books but love the show. Enjoy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    O.o the WHOLE series is out on DVD? Even the part that hasn't aired yet? Because if so, um going to the store right now! I know what DH and I are doing this weekend!

(Tonight is Mocking jay from Redbox. Then Saturday will be Outlander.)

image   image   image

• Options

O.o the WHOLE series is out on DVD? Even the part that hasn't aired yet? Because if so, um going to the store right now! I know what DH and I are doing this weekend!

(Tonight is Mocking jay from Redbox. Then Saturday will be Outlander.)

No, just the first half of Season One. The second half doesn't come out until April sometime.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I loved it. Such good casting, well directed, solid writing. I've read them all, some repeatedly (Dragonfly in Amber is my favourite so I really hope the series makes it that far at least) and it's totally one of my guilty pleasures so I was really happy that they've done such a nice job with it and treated it so well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards