Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Reception Recs- Help!!

Hi All!  I am just starting this whole planning process and need some recs!  We will be having a Catholic ceremony in Henderson and then reception is TBD!!  Looking at a guest list of approx 75 people.  EVERYONE will be traveling in so I would like for it to be guest friendly.  I'm open for any and all recs!  Thanks!!

Re: Reception Recs- Help!!

• Options
    Wicked Spoon I think will hold this many.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What time is your ceremony? That will determine if you should have a brunch/lunch reception or a dinner reception.

What's your budget like? $30/pp? $75/pp?
  • Options
    Do you want dancing, booze, a view, a type of food, etc.  But budget first and foremost.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I want to keep the reception budget around 10k for food and drink if possible.  I feel like everywhere I look for dinner/drinks it is about 120/pp!!!  

I am open to off strip places/Henderson/etc.  The ceremony will be in the afternoon and there will be a gap but I'm okay with that... So looking for the reception to start around 6pm.  The only place I like so far is Springs Preserve, but its a bit far from everything..  

Has anyone ever been to Anthem Country Club in Henderson?

THANKS!!! 
  • Options
    Why is there a gap? Catholic ceremony =/= a gap. If you'd like more insight on that head over to the etiquette board - the ladies there are super helpful at looking at timelines and giving suggestions for how to eliminate the gap.

I used to live in Anthem - depending where your guests are staying, that is going to be one heck of a cab ride. It is a solid 20-30 minutes from the Strip depending on traffic - so cab fares will be crazy expensive.

I work right by Springs Preserve - another one that will be tough with transportation.

What part of Henderson is the ceremony at? You could look in to Sunset Station, Green Valley Ranch (which is, admittedly, quite expensive), somewhere that guests could also stay at and avoid the transportation issue. Hmm..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maureenspmaureensp member
    First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Yes, there will be the typical Catholic gap... The church is really set on the times allowed for ceremonies.   Ceremony will be at St. Thomas More... its by GVR

I was thinking of having guests stay at GVR if we do Anthem...

I looked into GVR, but its stupid expensive for what you get... It would be at the top end of the budget and I HATE their ballrooms so it would have to be outside.  

I really like clean/modern.  I don't do overwhelming patterned carpet or ugly chairs. 
  • Options
    maureensp said:

Yes, there will be the typical Catholic gap... The church is really set on the times allowed for ceremonies.   Ceremony will be at St. Thomas More... its by GVR

I was thinking of having guests stay at GVR if we do Anthem...

I looked into GVR, but its stupid expensive for what you get... It would be at the top end of the budget and I HATE their ballrooms so it would have to be outside.  

I really like clean/modern.  I don't do overwhelming patterned carpet or ugly chairs. 
    You can avoid this "typical" gap - What time is your ceremony?

GVR is still a bit of a hike from Anthem. And based on timing, the line to get in to Anthem Country Club for guests can be incredibly long. I totally agree that GVR is really expensive -  BUUUUT if it's something you can afford and it's near your venue - it could be worth exploring the options... especially as it gives your guests an option to stay there for the wedding weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GVR is stupid expensive for what you get, they were literally more than the Wynn when I checked.  It's also an expensive hotel for your guests, and some may want to stay on the strip particularly if they haven't been before, so keep that in mind.  I wanted to look at Anthem CC but didn't because the reps were quite short/rude at the Bridal Spectacular I went to.

Dragonridge was a close second for us which is in Henderson, we ended up going with Las Vegas Country Club which is near the strip since most of our guests were traveling in as well.  The M resort turned their old sushi restaurant (not the new one that used to be an italian joint) into an event space that views the strip as well.  Unfortunately if I remember right these have minimums that match your budget (which means they'd be over with tax/service charge/etc) but it doesn't hurt to ask, especially if it's not a Saturday wedding or is coming up soon enough that the space isn't likely to book otherwise.

On the strip is Joe's and their private room is gorgeous and would be perfect for 75, I went to a 25th anniversary party there last year and it was wonderful, plus the room works with a DJ and dance floor.  The minimum was more reasonable there (5k?) and while it's far from cheap food and beverage should come in under 10k pretty easily.  Maggiano's at Fashion Show would be another good choice with their reasonably priced menu and good private spaces.

And please reconsider the gap, there are ways to avoid it with a cocktail hour and early dinner.  If I flew in, cabbed 15 minutes to a wedding and then had to entertain myself in the suburbs for a few hours before the reception I would be straight up irritated, Catholic ceremony or not.
  • Options
    Another option could be Bali Hai golf course near Mandalay Bay - affordable and near the strip for guests who stay there. 

You still have the challenge of guests getting to/from your ceremomy location - which seems to be a bit of a ways from the strip.

Ditto @annathy03 on the gap!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You may not mind the gap, but your guests will. Gaps are boring. I hate sitting around in dress clothes while waiting for the party to start. It's like having a two-hour intermission during a movie.

Plus, I don't want to eat since we'll be eating dinner at the wedding. It's really not a good idea to have a gap. Please try to crunch up your timeline to have a cocktail hour and then the reception. You can do lots of pictures before the ceremony to save time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards