Florida-Central Florida
Options

My dress

I picked up my dress yesterday afternoon! Brides by Demetrios has the WORST service in the world! The girl wanted me to just sign it that I picked it up without even looking at it or trying it on. After I said I was trying it on, all she did was give me a room. I had to help myself to look at the shoes and accessories. Not one time did anyone ask if we needed help or anything. Apparently once the dress is purchased they don't care about anything else.

Anyway, I'm excited that my dress is here. How far in advance do you usually get it altered?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.

Re: My dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the alterations timeline because mine was all different since I was in a different state at school and had to make it work. I just got my finished dress delivered from Jeanine on Tuesday and it is so perfect! She did an amazing job!!!! I would highly recommend using her!
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.  It must depend on what time you go there because when I picked up my dress, they were nice to me.  Although, I had friends with so they helped me try it on...

I asked the alterations question before and I wish I had ignored the answers. I'm not losing or gaining weight and I didn't need anything done to the waist. I would've gotten them done as soon as possible because it took way way longer than expected to get my alterations done.  they're still not done and I started in April.  I guess if you're losing weight you should wait but other than that, start now.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg that is a long time for alterations! Is it just a long time between fittings? When I met with Jeanine she had tons of time after the frist fitting (I did it over spring break) but then we had the second fitting the 2nd week of june then had a fitting the week after and then she gave it to me finished (I tried it on) the week after that. I guess timing of how long it takes depends on how many other dresses they are working on at the same time.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a long time between fittings.  I started out with Judy and I think it was a month between first and second fittings and then two or three weeks between the next.  Then I switched to Jeanine and there has been one week between the first and second fitting and now another week till the third fitting.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh ok. I think Judy is really busy since she doesn't just do wedding dresses and have a storefront.
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took my dress to Judi about 2 weeks ago and have a second fitting set for the middle of July. She was very sweet, had a great personality and humor that may seem crude to others (but I didn't take it personally, cuz it was out of good fun). She has done beautiful, neat and efficient work for LOTS of girls on the board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards