Wedding Party

Wedding Party & Younger Half Brothers

I have three younger half brothers who will be 17, 13, 11 when I get married next year. I would love for them to be apart of my special day but being groomsmen isn't an option. Is there a creative way for them to be involved? Thanks!

Re: Wedding Party & Younger Half Brothers

• They can be bridesmen, and stand on your sitd. Nothing wrong with that. Or they could be ushers or readers. There really aren't any other roles for them to fill; the "creative" ones usually aren't very much of an honor, and are often insulting.

• What lolo said.  And honestly, I wouldn't even make them ushers because I really don't see that as a honor position.  So either let them be a member of your wedding party or if you are having a full Catholic mass they can present the gifts or they could be readers (3 readings may be a bit too much but they certainly could share a reading or two).

Besides that there really is no other way to include them in your wedding.  Remember being a guest is just as much of a honor.  And just take a minute or two to get a nice picture of you with all of your siblings.

• I hope you want them to be part of your wedding, not apart from your wedding!

They can stand on your side as bridal attendants, they can do a reading or perform some music (if they have talent), or they can take on a religious role like bearing gifts in a catholic wedding. There really isn't anything else for them to do. 

You can always honor them with a bout regardless of title. .
  • I hope you want them to be part of your wedding, not apart from your wedding!

They can stand on your side as bridal attendants, they can do a reading or perform some music (if they have talent), or they can take on a religious role like bearing gifts in a catholic wedding. There really isn't anything else for them to do. 

You can always honor them with a bout regardless of title. .
    Thank you!  I'm a grammar snob and this is a huge pet peeve.
  • nwilson88 said:

I have three younger half brothers who will be 17, 13, 11 when I get married next year. I would love for them to be apart of my special day but being groomsmen isn't an option. Is there a creative way for them to be involved? Thanks!

Just wondering, why isn't being groomsmen an option?
  • zitiqueen said:

nwilson88 said:

Too young? Even numbers?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

zitiqueen said:

nwilson88 said:

Too young? Even numbers?
    Or the groom just doesn't want them as his groomsmen?

• KatWAG said:

zitiqueen said:

nwilson88 said:

Too young? Even numbers?
    Or the groom just doesn't want them as his groomsmen?
    I'm guessing the word "duty" will be involved.

Anniversary

• Weird, she posted this twice. In the other one I said the same thing... they can be bridesmen, and why can't they be groomsmen? I don't imagine either option requires a whole lot from them. Have them be ushers?
  • augsum15 said:

Weird, she posted this twice. In the other one I said the same thing... they can be bridesmen, and why can't they be groomsmen? I don't imagine either option requires a whole lot from them. Have them be ushers?

They can't be groomsmen unless the Groom wants them to be.  The bride does not get to dictate the groom's wedding party.
  • adk19 said:

augsum15 said:

Weird, she posted this twice. In the other one I said the same thing... they can be bridesmen, and why can't they be groomsmen? I don't imagine either option requires a whole lot from them. Have them be ushers?

They can't be groomsmen unless the Groom wants them to be.  The bride does not get to dictate the groom's wedding party.
    I totally understand that, I just feel like she's saying because of their age they can't be groomsmen, not that she's dictating whose side they should be on or if he wants them to be or not.
  • augsum15 said:

adk19 said:

augsum15 said:

I totally understand that, I just feel like she's saying because of their age they can't be groomsmen, not that she's dictating whose side they should be on or if he wants them to be or not.
    Why does their age matter in terms of being groomsmen?
  • augsum15 said:

adk19 said:

augsum15 said:

Why does their age matter in terms of being groomsmen?
    It doesn't! I was just curious as to *why* she's saying they can't be groomsmen. Being that she listed their ages, it just appeared to me that maybe that's the reason they aren't asking them to be, and why she wants a different role. Because if that is the reason it's silly and they should ask them to be bridesmen or groomsmen, if they want the boys to be a part of the wedding party. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards