Wedding Party

I'm stuck, what to give for bridal party gifts

I'm thinking for the guys we will get them personalized beer mugs and since it's a summer wedding I was thinking of a wet bikini bag for the girls but I obviously want to do something more than that. Any suggestions on what to give?

Re: I'm stuck, what to give for bridal party gifts

• Shop for each of your bridesmaids as if it were their birthday. If you really get stuck, a gift card to their favorite restaurant, shop, or massage parlor is always a good option. Just make sure it is something you know they would enjoy.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Shop for specific individual gifts for each of them. If you're getting them all the same thing, it's probably not a great gift.
  • FI wanted to get all his groomsmen matching personalized flasks. They were nice flasks. But I asked him to actually THINK about which of the guys would use/like a flask. One of them already owns several , so what would he do with another one? A few of them probably would never use one and wouldn't want one. 

FI re-thought this and decided to get them all individualized gifts. One guy collects whiskey so he's getting a high-end bottle of whiskey. One guy just moved to Miami so he's getting the Reef sandals he keeps saying he wants. And so on. 

Think about their hobbies and interests. Do they like tea, are they obsessed with specialty coffees, do they love to cook, love to go wine tasting, are they painters/drawers, love to play with make-up, always wear lots of jewelry, collect scarves, .... ? 
  • Shop for each of your bridesmaids as if it were their birthday. If you really get stuck, a gift card to their favorite restaurant, shop, or massage parlor is always a good option. Just make sure it is something you know they would enjoy.

FI got a restaurant gift card when he was a groomsman a couple years ago, and it was awesome.  He said it was the best gift he had gotten as a groomsman, and got to have a really nice dinner without worrying too much about ordering that second (by which I mean 5th) glass of wine.  Especially after spending money to be in a wedding, it was so nice to not worry about spending extra money for a change!
  • Is a wet bikini bag to hold a wet bikini?  I am sorry but how is that a good gift?  I mean a gallon ziploc bag can do the same thing for a lot less money.

As for the guys your FI should really be deciding what to get them, not you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards