Florida-South Florida

Matheson Hammock Park ??

Hi girls! I'm from MA trying to plan a beautiful wedding in S. FLA. I've read a lot about  Matheson Hammock Park. Couple of questions - do any brides have any pix that they can share? Also, what happens if it rains  on your special day and your booked there? Last question, can you do a reception there after as well? Any advice would be so helpful. Thanks so much!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Matheson Hammock Park ??

• Welcome! I have no advice except to contact them directly. I've heard that its a beautiful place for a wedding!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • That's my wedding venue! Its beautiful! I'm getting married at the picnic shelter on the lake with a BBQ reception later. I know that weddings often occur at the beach park of Matheson Hammock as well with the Red Fish Grill restaurant next door as a reception.
    My rain plan is to put up a tent but I don't plan on it since its in April and if it does rain it normally is a short drizzle.  Here's a link to a wedding I found that was at Matheson Hammock Park: http://www.evanrphotography.com/?p=124. Also the photographer that I'm using has a few on her blog here: http://www.evanrphotography.com/?p=124

You're welcome to PM me if you have more questions. I even have measurements of the tables haha
  • edited January 2012
    I had my ceremony at Matheson Hammock park. The ceremony was under a tree near the coral pavillion at the very front of the park. The ceremony was really beautiful but there are no real options in case of bad weather beyond going somewhere else or waiting for it to clear up. It rained a few days before my wedding and the tree we were originally were going to get married under was too muddy so we had to switch trees. You can see pictures of my wedding here: http://www.taken-photography.com/2011/victoria-branden-are-wed-modern-wedding-photographer. The wedding I based my ceremony off of can be seen here: http://www.1313blog.com/2010/12/31/red-fish-grill-miami-wedding-photographer/. Best of luck!
  • Anna323 you have a PM
  • So beautiful!!! Congratulations. Did you have the ceremony at the park as well?
  • Hello,
    I am thinking about getting married at this venue as well. What company did you go with to organize the wedding? We are planning from Missouri and I could use any advise you have!!

Thanks!
  • We are having our wedding there in November.
    Can anyone send me input please. I'm nit sure what to do about food ideas? Flies?
    We are serving paella
    Appetizers are antipasto bread and cheese
    Dessert bar and slider bar.
    Anyone have pictures to share? Jessieprado1827@gmail.com 3 months away.... I'm nervous
    Thank you
    Jes
  • I got married there a few years ago. It's absolutely beautiful. We did the ceremony there by the lake out front. Our wedding was on September 27, so it wasn't as hot. We rented the stone pavilion to make sure no one was in that area on the day of. Sure I have photos is you're interested.
  • tamelyatamelya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2013
    I am planning to have my wedding ceremony there also. I am lost as to how to get started. Any information will help a great deal, I especially need to know how to rent it. If you have any pictures of your wedding please send to me at tamelyawedding@gmail.com or pm me here. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Hey guys! 

I'm looking to have my ceremony there as well. We were wondering...do you recommend renting the picnic shelter just in case so we can have a separate area, or should we just head out early and set up in front of a tree? I couldn't really understand the lady I spoke to on the phone (and she didn;t seem to want to bother with my questions anyway), so I'd rather ask here. I think I just want the pavilion just in case it rains, but then if I rented it and didn't need it it would be kind of silly. Am I making any sense?

My other worry with the pavilion is that it will be uncomfortable for guests to sit there if we do end up having the ceremony inside. Any advice? 
  • So far this is the front runner for us too.  Looking for October 2015.  Did anyone else have a reception there?
  • edited February 2015
    somanymichelles

Were also looking into Matheson Park. Can i ask who are you using & pricing for:

Officiant? Rentals? Catering? Photographer? Wedding planner? 

Found these links for inspiration:

I called & spoke to James Mc (awaiting an email from him) he gave me this info:
    $192 to rent 2 Story Cary Rock Historical Building/Pavillion (includes Banyan Tree)
    Tenerife Point (bride leaning against stone with lake in the background)

NOTE: Make sure there are no private events @ Tenerife Point for pictures opportunities here
    NOTE: Outside caterers are allowed provided you use one of their chosen vendors
    NOTE: Permits required for some vendors like photography (check all vendors to avoid issues)
    NOTE: If concerned about comfort of seating you could rent/buy "Outdoor Bench Cushions"

Rain & Backup plan - were still planning but were looking to rent: pavillion & banyan tree & inside building (look at 1st link above, bride did not use pavillion, she had her reception inside! so if it rains we can move the ceremony to indoors there & Reception would remain in outside area in the pavillion because the pavillion has shelter from rain. (i asked about the inside building tba) or you can rent a tent!

TIPS: 
    Rent stone pavillion near entrance of park for reception & dance. Rent tree for ceremony. Windy get heavy center plates. battery operated sound system. creative signs for guest in park. no glass.

Excuse the length i got info from various sources brides on yelp, james at matheson, pintrest etc 

• Update: spoke to Justin & he said parks hours are 9am to 5pm

There is no inside shelter! so recommended a ten encase it rains (so bride who had reception indoors either used a ten or a restaurant near by)

He sent me an 8 page list of vendors - if you want it send me your email

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards