Favors

Vanilla / Sriracha favors? Yay or Nay

My original idea was to do bride/groom favors where the bride box had a bottle of vanilla extract and the groom box had a one time use grill seasoning. After asking about this, I saw an idea to do vanilla sugar and sriracha salt. I think this is a great idea and I personally would love both these things. Also, by doing the sugar/salt we could afford to give each person one of each instead of a couple favor. Additionally, we would then do a special "parents" favor with a big bottle of vanilla extract special for them.

What do you think? Would you enjoy having these things or is it a waste of time. I am even thinking that since we'll be having a coffee bar that guests could use vanilla sugar right there.

Re: Vanilla / Sriracha favors? Yay or Nay

• I have no desire for either of those things and they just don't seem like something that would appeal to a mass crowd.

• ::shrug::

I would like them because I like to cook. But they are oddly specific so I don't know popular they would be with others.

Anniversary

• That's something I'd probably take home and may eventually use, but upon receiving the favor my reaction would probably be something along the lines of "what the hell is this. "
    Like PP said, oddly specific.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I'd use them both (sugar in tea and salt on popcorn), but they seem kind of odd to me, and if probably be confused to receive them.
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I would like both of these things, but I'm almost certainly in the minority. 

Question, though: is it a two-part favor? Like, each person gets one sugar AND one salt? Because having them in bride/groom boxes makes it seem like you're directing people to choose one based on their gender, which is weird and offensive as hell. 
  • I would love something like this.
    esstee33 said:

I would like both of these things, but I'm almost certainly in the minority. 

Question, though: is it a two-part favor? Like, each person gets one sugar AND one salt? Because having them in bride/groom boxes makes it seem like you're directing people to choose one based on their gender, which is weird and offensive as hell. 
    OP said each person would get one of each, not the women get sugar and the men get salt. I took the bride/groom boxes to signify the flavors representing each of THEM personally, not anyone else.

• Personally, I would love these. I would love these more than the 99% of the favors I have ever been given at a wedding, which recently has included ugly candles, an ugly table runner, a piece of paper that supposedly I could have planted in the yard and created wildflowers out of, and a jar a M&Ms with the bride and grooms' faces printed on them. 
  • I would like both, and could see a lot of my guests liking them too. I suppose its just subjective. I think it would be better received than a lot of the other random favors people give. 
  • Hello! Thanks everyone for the input. The bride/groom boxes are being used because someone bought them for us, and each box would have both items in it. I am primarily thinking of this idea because it would be significantly cheaper then doing bottles of vanilla extract, which is what I originally wanted to do. I might still still with the vanilla extract, even though I'm not sure it would be a good idea either...
  • Oh man, sriracha salt? I would like a bucket of that, please...

Vanilla sugar sounds good to me, too, but I agree that maybe it's subjective. How does one make sriracha salt?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jenijoyk said:

a piece of paper that supposedly I could have planted in the yard and created wildflowers out of 

Aw we did that. :(

But our ceremony was in a culinary garden, so I felt like it fit in with the "theme". Plus all of our guests like to garden (although since the papers were printed with our names/date I doubt any of them actually planted it, and I saw it on my mom's desk in a frame...).

But we also had a "real" favor that was cookies and candies. This was more like a "thanks for sharing our day" thank you note.
  • As @DreamerGirl8812 said, I would like to come to your wedding. Please. I'll make sure nobody takes too many programs.

I would love both of those things. I'd probably go with what @lolo883 said and put the vanilla sugar in the bride box and the sriracha salt in the groom's box (or vice versa, or whatever), to ensure it's not "girls get bride boxes and boys get groom boxes" but other than that, yeah, just put me down for the chicken.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards