Knottie Tech Help
Options

New Site Checklist issues

I just upgraded my checklist to the new version.  I think I am going to regret it.  How do I view just the open to-do items?  There doesn't seem to be a filter for that?  How do I view the items I have added to the list myself?  Really unhappy and feeling like I just lost the one thing keeping me sane in this process.

Re: New Site Checklist issues

• Options
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry about the trouble you're having. Your old Checklist data will not be transferred to the new Checklist. Changes made to your old checklist (eg. mark as done, added to-dos, notes) will not appear in your new checklist. You should still be able to view your old checklist by heading to Your Wedding Checklist page and then click "Take me to my old checklist" button at the top of the page.

If you're having trouble, please email us at help@theknot.com. 

Thanks!
    KR
  • Options
    There is no button on that page regarding the old checklist.  And there was no mention at all that I could find that said the current checklist information would disappear.  I assumed this upgrade process was a facelift and wouldn't affect my data.  I really don't want to start all over and I NEED the customized reminders back.  How can the old list be restored?
  • Options
    Also, regarding the checklist, when I switched over it messed my time line up. It has things like finalizing my guest list due in January 2016 and my wedding date on the site is this year.
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm really sorry for the issues you're experiencing with the checklist!

I've been informed that you can reach out to our customer service team, help@theknot.com, and they can walk you through the steps to recover your old checklist, or fix any of the timeline issues.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thank you!
    KR
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you, KNotRiley!  I will do so.  Really disappointed with the changes in the functionality of this site.  The facelift is fine.  But the 3 things that differentiated this site from all the others I looked at were the tools for planning and organizing a wedding.  The checklist, budget, and guest list manager.  2 of those things are now little more than window dressing.  All the functionality has been gutted.  And the link I found to the guest list no longer has the ability to export that I could find.  Thankfully I exported the list a couple of weeks ago.  When the guest list gets made over I fear that it will be much less useful, too.

My invitations are ready to mail out and I am relying on the online RSVP and website to be functional.  I don't have much faith right now that my guests will be able to tell me if they are coming or not.  :(  I am considering having reply cards printed up as a backup in case the site proves  unreliable or the functionality for RSVP suddenly disappears.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm just not getting why you would downgrade a site like this? 
    Additionally, I'm very unhappy with the sudden changes and the inability to just transfer the data from one version to the other. Both the guest list and the checklist changes have kind of killed this site for me. I'm just not sure how anyone could think changing these things suddenly with no way of transferring data from the old version was a good idea. It's dumbfounding. I feel sorry for those who have weddings in the immediate future who just lost their checklists and those who were getting ready to do a mailing (like myself) and lost their guest lists.

Not cool, man. Not cool at all.
  • Options
    The lack of testing, UX and overall care for your customer base is really frightening to someone, like myself, that is a software tester by trade. Like that's my bread and butter. I can't imagine doing this kind of overhaul with, what appears to be, such a lack of care. 

My check list is completely gone and messed up. Luckily I have a paper version that I can use, but this was nice for on the go stuff. My budget is all messed up. The only thing I'm excited about for the upgrade are the forums. They're much cleaner and easier to read. But the rest of it is awful. It appears that there was NO cross browser testing as well, based off the complaints about the various browser usage. 

Upgrade fail.

• Options
    Hi All,

Again, I'm really sorry you're experiencing these issues or are unhappy with the changes. I want you all to know I am passing along all of this feedback, I'd like to also encourage you to provide it via our Help Desk at http://feedback.beta.theknot.com/forums/263843-the-knot-desktop-feedback.

If you have anymore questions please let me know!

Thanks!
    KR
  • Options
    How do I view the completed or deleted items on the new checklist? I'm sure it's there and I'm just missing it.

Also will more themes for the wedding websites be available? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I called the help desk about the checklist and they are not currently in. I guess people don't need to plan weddings on Saturdays or anything...I thought that this site was the bible for wedding planning, the best in the business. Now, after my own issues and reading everyone else's issues, I suspect that it is being run out of someone's basement. Epic fail, The Knot. Anyone know of any other decent wedding planning websites? This one doesn't really seem to want me as a patron anymore...
  • Options
    Seriously, upgrade Fail.

My wedding is August, this year-- 2015... and the new checklist says I should send my invitations out in Sept 2015. After my wedding? Really.

Glad I printed out the old checklist before because it's all messed up now. Sent a message to the help center... no response.
  • Options
    weddingwire.com has a decent checklist, teller82. 

Also, I found if you can access your old checklist here:  

Still missing some features I think and but it works in a pinch!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards