Budget Weddings Forum

Napkins

Anyone have ideas for napkins besides the poly/cotton option? I feel like I have everything else set, except for the dang napkins.  I saw an idea on Pioneer Woman about using bandanas as napkins, and I feel like that is heading the right direction, but I think it is a little much for our wedding.  We are having BBQ, so it is nothing super formal, but I still want something in between bandanas and poly/cotton.

Re: Napkins

• You could probably find a nice quality paper napkin in bulk for a decent price. 
  • I agree with climbingwife. Otherwise, perhaps some hand-cut, un-seemed fabric?

I'd be more focused on having lots of napkins than pretty napkins. With BBQ, I want a pile of them near me. Even more if I'm wearing dressy clothes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree, I want lots and lots of napkins, and even more so against the poly ones because I feel like they aren't efficient at absorbing, especially BBQ related liquids.  

I like the un-seemed fabric idea, but I'd be worried about them unraveling. And would have no idea what fabric to use.  Suggestions?
  • I know nothing about fabric, unfortunately! However, there are a few knotties on here who may have better ideas.

Though the more I think of it, the better I like the idea of paper-- with BBQ, I'd like as many napkins as possible!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • momofbride530momofbride530 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    If you're going to go with fabric, get a cotton or cotton blend like broadcloth. Both are reasonably priced options.
  • If you are going BBQ, I vote for nice paper ones so people can take more as needed. Ever been to a resturant and taken a look at your napkin after eating BBQ, they look nasty. So why spend a lot of money on fabric ones that you'll end up throwing away.
  • I used the bandana idea a very long time ago for a different kind of party, but the theme was "beach".  We found hibiscus print bandanas at Oriental Trading and I know they have tons of different patterns.  The guests actually had fun with the bandanas and some "stole" them from other guests and put them on their heads during dancing. It turned out to be an added part of the fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards