Pre-wedding Parties

Not inviting to the bridal shower

Hi! My fiance has a good female friend, she's actually the one who introduced us years ago. I didn't know her very well back then, but over the years I've grown to not like her at all (to put it lightly).

So who gets invited to the bridal shower? All the females coming to the wedding? Or can you choose just those who are close to the bride (me!)?

I wasn't sure because we're not friendly at all; She's coming as a guest of his to the wedding. Would she even be interested in coming to the shower? Do you extend the invite and let her decide? I'd really prefer her not to be there.

Re: Not inviting to the bridal shower

• Hi! My fiance has a good female friend, she's actually the one who introduced us years ago. I didn't know her very well back then, but over the years I've grown to not like her at all (to put it lightly).

So who gets invited to the bridal shower? All the females coming to the wedding? Or can you choose just those who are close to the bride (me!)?

I wasn't sure because we're not friendly at all; She's coming as a guest of his to the wedding. Would she even be interested in coming to the shower? Do you extend the invite and let her decide? I'd really prefer her not to be there.

Typically the bridal shower is for those closest to the bride.  For mine I only had a list of about 18 or so when our guest list for our wedding was 135 (there were definitely more then 18 women on that guest list).

So find out how many people the shower thrower can host and then make a list accordingly.  But do not feel pressured to invite this person if you don't like her or want her there.

• No, you do not have to invite all female wedding guests to your shower. Normally it's just close family and friends. 

For example, we had about 100 female guests at our wedding. There's no way in hell I would have invited 100 people to a bridal shower. Nope. I don't recall exactly, but I think there were about 20 women at my shower - family, a few close family friends, my BMs and the MOG and SIL. 

I wouldn't put this person on the guest list if you're not close to her.
    *********************************************************************************

• Ask the host how many people they are comfortable hosting, make the list of your closest friends up to that number, give those names and addresses to the host for sending invitations.  You don't have to invite someone you don't like just because she has the same genitalia as you.
  • If you are not close with her, I wouldn't invite her.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards