Not Engaged Yet

WR: Need help finding belt cheaper

I officially found my dress yesterday! It's the Maggie Sottero Nadia I actually found with my mom weeks ago and tried on again closer to me yesterday. Problem is I loved the belt the consultant pulled with it, but it's $200. I'd like to hopefully find a style like it cheaper on Etsy. Help? (The fabric of the belt was an organza, but the dress also has tulle so I'm not too picky as long as it's ivory.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR: Need help finding belt cheaper

• I almost bought a super expensive belt at a shop too. I'm glad I didn't because I found mine on etsy. Most of the belts from the seller I went through were around $50 and absolutely gorgeous. Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BridalStar?ref=l2-shopheader-name
  • @lilacck28 I love that first one! For my shape I definitely need the bigger in the middle than smaller on the sides.

• @Blackbird230 that dress is gorgeous! What about Tradesy? I found this similar ivory sash for $35 after a quick look on there: https://www.tradesy.com/weddings/bridal-jewelry-and-accessories/handmade-high-quality-bridal-sash-color-ivory-1811817/?tref=category. They have a good return policy too if you aren't happy with it. 

• @blackbird230 That's the one I bought! It is gorgeous- all of their items are made in Ireland too. I'll have to take an IRL picture for you. I would be careful about Tradesy though because their return policy does not cover the wedding items (sellers in the wedding section set their own return policies) and I find the sellers on there (mostly brides) to be not as responsive as real sellers on ebay, amazon or etsy.
  • @500days definitely take a pic! I also found a burlap lace one which may be fun since we are doing plum, off white and burlap.

• I'm just here to say hot damn woman you look good in that dress!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you @kaitlynmichelle!! It feels so good to have that part of the wedding done. :) I'm done trying on and I know it's my dress.

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    500days said:

@blackbird230 That's the one I bought! It is gorgeous- all of their items are made in Ireland too. I'll have to take an IRL picture for you. I would be careful about Tradesy though because their return policy does not cover the wedding items (sellers in the wedding section set their own return policies) and I find the sellers on there (mostly brides) to be not as responsive as real sellers on ebay, amazon or etsy.

Oh I didn't realize that! A friend has had good luck buying wedding jewelry on there so I didn't think much of it! Sorry about that!

ETA: The page does say that Tradesy has a Money Back and authenticity guarantee, so I still think that applies to the wedding section if the product is misrepresented. But returns just because you don't like it are set by the seller it seems. 

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    edited March 2015
    Swazzle said:

The dress is really pretty but I have to agree with @buddysmom80 and @hummingbird125. I just really hope you don't have dress regret closer to your wedding because you purchased it so far out. I know this isn't what you want to hear but as someone who's been there with a long engagement, I would be a bit cautious with big purchases like that when you still have so much time. 

This. I was so excited to help that I forgot that your wedding is after mine. I haven't gone dress shopping yet, and won't until the fall so that I don't have dress regret or weight fluctuations (I realize even in 8-9 months this can happen, but it is less likely to be drastic fluctuations). 

My friend bought her dress almost as soon as she got engaged in 2012. She is getting married this September, and has had such severe weight fluctuations over the past 3 years that the dress might not even fit! Oh, and she had to go purchase a second dress for the reception because she had some dress regret with her first choice. This is an extreme example, but it gets the point across. 

ETF: lots of grammar mistakes. Sorry, I only had a 10 minute lunch today and typed that really fast :(

• To clarify: I have not purchased/put down money/ordered yet. I need my mother to see it again. I just simply have stopped looking and I know this is a dress for me. I will possibly be ordering in September. I began this thread just to help look for a belt like that one, but cheaper. It's a good belt for my shape, I like belts with dresses.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

To clarify: I have not purchased/put down money/ordered yet. I need my mother to see it again. I just simply have stopped looking and I know this is a dress for me. I will possibly be ordering in September. I began this thread just to help look for a belt like that one, but cheaper. It's a good belt for my shape, I like belts with dresses.

I kind of don't believe you. But either way, if you really mean it, that's good. Even September seems a bit too far out to me considering your wedding isn't til December 2016, You really should wait until you're 12 months or less out like we've all been advising this whole time. Sooooo much can change in a year!

• My dress is very clearly "for me," but I still questioned it and tried on other dresses because I wasn't sure. And I got mine 10 months out. Shit, I JUST panicked this weekend that I might not have picked the right dress. 

I just can't even imagine trying on dresses/belts almost two years out. There are still so many things that need to be nailed down. A belt would be last on my list of priorities.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @TwoDimes

MOO POINT!!! Oh em gee I love it. 
  • My dress is very clearly "for me," but I still questioned it and tried on other dresses because I wasn't sure. And I got mine 10 months out. Shit, I JUST panicked this weekend that I might not have picked the right dress. 

I just can't even imagine trying on dresses/belts almost two years out. There are still so many things that need to be nailed down. A belt would be last on my list of priorities.
    This too. I still haven't even picked out Save The Dates yet (I have an idea but that depends on if our friend wants to help us still, and I want to have a few back up ideas in mind just in case as she is going through some things of her own and I don't want to inconvenience her more), and am trying to pick out thank you notes so that I have them on hand (we have already received a few engagement gifts and I am almost out of thank you cards). 

@Blackbird230, I know it's exciting though, and trust me, I am almost positive that I have found my dress too (from pictures and seeing it on a mannequin at a bridal show only; I gasped and wanted to try it on right there), but waiting on your dress and accessories is probably a good idea. Plus, you might be able to find it pre-owned or a sample at a discount if you wait a little while to buy it if you still love it. 

• bride2b71614bride2b71614 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    I think you look great in the dress. I don't want to jump on this bandwagon, but I think that it might be beneficial to slow your roll...I understand that its exciting to get all of this wedding planning stuff out of the way, but your wedding is over a year out. During that time, your tastes can change, you can start disliking your color scheme. You might not even like the dress you chose. I think that instead of setting anything else in stone, it could be beneficial to just look around and save things for later. That way you can change your mind a billion times (like I did), and there wouldn't be  any monetary repercussions. 

ETA: Grammar because words are hard. As for the belt, maybe you could try DIY-ing it? Because you have a year plus out, you have a lot of time for trial and error, and could save a ton of money.
  • I still go back and forth about whether or not I picked the right dress. I didn't go to more than one store and I still regret it.

Then I remember what a steal it was and tell myself to stop being stupid.

I didn't realize how far away your wedding was! I bought mine 7 months out and drove myself nuts. Trying it on reassured me it was a great dress but I panicked numerous times that it didn't look good on me. Be cautious with big purchases this early! You'll end up worrying over something.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    edited March 2015

Also not to burst the bubble, but you could pick out all your accessories and then your dress ends up being discontinued. Womp womp...

ETA: if you're a December 2016 bride, I would wait until January 2016 to shop. I got my dress in January/early February for a December wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards